Help › Forums

Re: BBQ Showdown

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 27 2021 6:10 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • gummyjoe
    15 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2021 10:50 AM

Why am I the only player at -1 that did not qualify for the final round while 5 others did?

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Aug 22 2021 11:53 AM

Because the cut off is fifty places , and there are rules laid down to determine places for those on tied scores , . I can’t recall those rules but if you search to the right , for showdown rules you should find them . Next time I expect it will be you getting through and someone else missing out. 

• blackridgenik
    104 Posts
    Sun, Aug 22 2021 1:59 PM

The Top 50% qualify for the next round. If total is tied, the leader board will be determined by the following tiebreakers.

1.number of showdown holes completed

2. score of final showdown game

3. score of second-to-last showdown game

4. score of third-to-last showdown game

5. number of double eagles scored in showdown

6. number of eagles scored in showdown

7. number of birdies scored in showdown

8. first to complete showdown round

• Borat74
    2,787 Posts
    Sun, Aug 22 2021 4:06 PM

Dont bother wasting your time bud,like i did after not playing this since last year,waste of time and BALL HITS,simple as that.

Do the lottery instead?

• Imahacker58
    365 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2021 12:32 AM

Don’t worry, on the 6th of September you can do it all again in the next showdown 😂

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2021 8:06 AM

pdb1:

I have a question . Is this a case where this is either a Rookie or a Veteran score card/cut line ?

And that is the reason we don't see the OP in this ? Because there is a different division that he would be in ?

If so . How do we tell the difference ?

This thread has quite a few things we've talked about lately.

you don't post much true stuff unless it's redundant. See the tiebreak pic that you posted 4 hours after someone already posted the info. Just a waste of space. Captain Redundancy.

He's definitely in a Rookie division because -1 won't ever make the cut in Veteran.  Cutlines in Veteran are  -3  in round 1. then -7 (usually) in round 2. and due to tiebreaks some of those get in some don't.

as to your question... Im going to answer it because this further reiterates how clueless you are about the game.

Newsflash: More than 100 people play in  Rookie,Veteran, This is funny to me that you don't grasp this... Thousands actually. Expert is short people and has it's own problems because of it. not going into Expert division here. 

Each grouping of 100 is essentially a subgroup of 400 (4x100). We will call those A,B,C,D. Note this is merely for  numbers and understanding in reality the players are split off randomly into other groups after each round. But the numbers don't change.

Round 1. top 50 from all four groups advance. Two new groups of 100 are formed. E,F

Round 2 top 50 from E and F both advance and a new group G is formed.

G is the final round. 

However as i said in round 2 you may be moved into another round 2 grouping. that doesn't have any of the people you played before in it. Same for round 3. 

What's important to understand is how each level is created.

So there may be another grouping of 4 that is L,M,N,O. Second tier of P,Q and final round with a label of R.

You might finish in top 50 of group B and then be moved into Q then if make that top 50 be in G not R. 

They aren't linear in how the groups are formed. You don't necessarily stay with the same people

Final note: +1 in a showdown is really bad. in what world do you think you could ever beat me in this game??  you're just plain bad at this. you didn't even make the final round in the Rookie division... #facepalm

• PAGES
RSS