Help › Forums

Re: Donating

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 25 2021 5:58 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2021 3:45 PM

It's a free market so you simply let the demand and offer determine the price, Paul.

Anything that goes on under the table won't be easy to spot BUT! it can be monitored and busted over time. I've heard there's a black market for years so that kind of secret biz will always be there with or without the used market I'm talking about.

I do believe, however, a used market officially approved and managed by WGT will dramatically wither black market because buyers will be able to pay more and less what they pay to sellers in black market for whatever they need without risking their accounts being permanently banned. And the sellers in black market will also have to continuously reduce their offered prices to stay competitive with sellers in the legitimate market, and at the end of the day, they'll have to ask themselves whether it's worth doing it.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2021 1:46 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

No but seriously... how about opening up a used (second-hand) market? And you WGT sell a ticket or a voucher in the pro shop so that anyone who wishes to sell or buy used equipment would have to purchase and use it for each and every transaction.

Sales of brand new products may drop, but you will generate a new source of revenue that has much greater potentials.

Simon, I think your idea is intriguing, but there are a couple of problems I see with it.

1.  Any player-to-player (P2P) sale of a club or sleeve would cut WGT out of a sale of that same club or sleeve at full Pro Shop price.  Even if they charged a commission on the P2P sale, WGT would make far less money.  Why would they want to do that?

2.  Any player wanting to sell a club or sleeve would not be able to do so unless and until there was a buyer.  The way it is now, the player does not have to wait to sell.  WGT will buy the club back at 25% of the retail cost.  Granted, that seems a little bit low, but WGT has to make money somehow... and they really don't even have to offer to buy it back at all.

3.  What happens in the case of buyer's remorse?  How does WGT reverse the P2P transaction... or do they?  Either way, somebody's going to be upset.

4.  Although the programming to implement a P2P exchange would not be impossible, it would be complicated enough that I really don't think WGT could do it without messing it up.  I mean, for gods sakes, they can't even fix the Showdown bugs or make simple changes like getting rid of the WATCHING OPPONENT banner in multiplayer games. 

WGT's current 25% Buyback program isn't the most generous, but it's efficient and it works.  Just my thoughts.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2021 2:08 PM

SamSpayed:
    I really don't think WGT could do it without messing it up.
    My oh my - you convinced of that?

(/me too!)

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2021 5:58 PM

SamSpayed:
    4.  Although the programming to implement a P2P exchange would not be impossible, it would be complicated enough that I really don't think WGT could do it without messing it up.  I mean, for gods sakes, they can't even fix the Showdown bugs or make simple changes like getting rid of the WATCHING OPPONENT banner in multiplayer games.

alosso:

My oh my - you convinced of that?

(/me too!)

Good points made all the way, Sam. In fact, for the same reason, me too, I doubt it'll ever happen, but my suggestion was just that, a suggestion. Doesn't hurt to appeal an idea, y'know...

Stealing a line from the wise man here... "They are WGT. Any hope is futile!"

pdb1:
    Ya think ? To tell you the truth . This I was not expecting . It blew me away .

Whoa whoa... selling what now?! Even an ID?! Man... that blows me away too!

• PAGES
RSS