Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Torrey Pines Hole 3 Par3 distance issue

Sun, Jun 5 2022 4:34 PM (37 replies)
  • richard03804
    22 Posts
    Sun, Aug 15 2021 1:25 PM

-----

Today the weekly tournament, this hole 3 par 3 suddenly became normal, no need to minus 10 yards, I hit 10 yards short of the green as a result, harder than playing Bingo...

• giraldin
    3,712 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2021 3:04 AM

And nobody has ever wondered that this is a computer program which you can change to your liking whenever you want? Which means that today 38 is good, tomorrow 68 and the day after tomorrow I change it to 83, as has been verified by players from LOS GOLFOS CUB. And this can be valid for many of the holes in the different courses. Is it VEM? I don't know, because my computer intelligence is very low, what if I know is that I am a NOTEBOOK player, and that in the same shots of the same distances and the same wind conditions, sometimes it works and other times, many, no.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2021 10:23 AM

I wonder if we (collectively) could come up with some sort of rule that says what elevation to use with a tailwind, a headwind, and a sidewind.  Maybe that would explain why 38, 68, and 83 all work at different times.

• Cicero733
    2,292 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2021 12:15 PM

I just play the hole at a net 165 yds and that works about 60% of the time. However and I cannot account for it, if I use 165 yds in headwinds, I come up 4 - 5 yds long.

• bobyero
    23 Posts
    Sun, Oct 24 2021 8:13 PM

According to Google Earth PRO the distance and elevation of the Champ, Master and CTTH tee's are all correct on the real course. 

Maybe the hole was too easy for WGT so they added a "gremlin"

I also fly 10yds past from the Champs but  not so the shorter tees. 

• Snoper
    24 Posts
    Mon, Oct 25 2021 5:02 PM

Perhaps the wind swirls down near the bottom ?

Jon

• DaveParbuster
    3 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2021 8:10 PM

Experienced this today as it was included in the Showdown elimination round. Cost me a lost ball and a triple bogey that - even after playing the remaining 8 holes in five under probably means I will wash out of the event.  Sad that since it is broken WGT can’t get it fixed.

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Mon, Nov 29 2021 6:31 AM

I wondering too why its still fuc*** wrong that altitude there! Every fuc*** time that same system, how to play it!! Well done wgt!

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2021 11:09 PM

Most annoying point is that wgt gives answers...like that: 

WGT Member Services (WGT)

Nov 29, 2021, 2:38 PM CST

Hey Teppop,

Thank you for your message. Unfortunately without being able to see these shots with the full course conditions surrounding them it is incredibly difficult to offer any real insight on why this may have happened.

Sincerely,
    WGT Member Services
    hahahah this is really some kind of overlooking!!
RSS