Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Gifting Apparel??

Mon, Jul 26 2021 2:54 PM (5 replies)
  • JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2021 9:32 PM

Is it me or can I NOT gift apparel to my Friends? This seems VERY un-WGT like as they would be losing money...And we know that's not their "Modus Operandi"

JD

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2021 6:59 AM

JDGHOST:

Is it me or can I NOT gift apparel to my Friends? This seems VERY un-WGT like as they would be losing money...And we know that's not their "Modus Operandi"

JD

No you cannot gift apparel.  Seems odd for Wgt to not allow it until you remember that they charge you 500 credits just to unlock the ability to change your apparel separately.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2021 7:17 AM

Hey JD,

Back in February, Brett made the initial suggestion of gifting apparel. You can read some of the responses at the following link...

Gifting Apparel 02.26.21

There were only a handful of players that chimed in.

Don

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2021 7:21 AM

I am 100% on board with gifting apparel!

It would be fun to have more options to gift other players. Even if it was just apparel with no attributes, it would add some fun to gift giving.

Let the petition start here!

Cheers

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2021 7:35 AM

dhjam1:
    Seems odd for Wgt to not allow it until you remember that they charge you 500 credits just to unlock the ability to change your apparel separately.

Not sure why that would make a difference?
    If anything, allowing gift apparel may trigger more people to pay the 500 credits for the Appearance option if they were to be gifted additional apparel options but still wanted to maintain their current apparel Abilities.
    Seems like a win/win for both players and WGT. You would assume WGT would jump on any chance to generate more revenue ... but???
    I would also think that since all other items in Proshop are giftable that it wouldn't be that much of a programming task for the devs to add gifting to apparel.

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2021 2:54 PM

MarchieB:

dhjam1:
    Seems odd for Wgt to not allow it until you remember that they charge you 500 credits just to unlock the ability to change your apparel separately.

Not sure why that would make a difference?

Not my reasoning, just stating what they do

WgtChamp could just shed some light on their reasoning behind it, to get us out of the dark on the matter

RSS