Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Bizarre putting from opponent

Sun, Aug 1 2021 7:31 PM (6 replies)
  • rglet
    2 Posts
    Fri, Jul 23 2021 7:16 AM

Wonder if  anyone can shed light on this. I’m fairly new to the game (amateur) and was playing a one hole coin thingy against a “master”. It was his turn to putt  but he was already 2 out 3 shots behind because of a disastrous drive and I was about to hole  out next shot. Any ways they proceeded to hit random putts all round the green until they exceeded the maximum shots and auto forfeited. Took a few minutes for these shenanigans to play out and didn’t bother me but wondered if there was any sort of logic to it, just curious, made me smile if nothing else!

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Sat, Jul 24 2021 8:48 AM

rglet:
    wondered if there was any sort of logic to it, just curious

More than likely they were "attempting" to have you quit on them.

Don

• rglet
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2021 5:09 AM

Thanks for the replies, am enjoying the game, it is very addictive and I shall watch out for other strange behaviour from opponents!

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Fri, Jul 30 2021 6:59 AM

rglet:

Wonder if  anyone can shed light on this. I’m fairly new to the game (amateur) and was playing a one hole coin thingy against a “master”. It was his turn to putt  but he was already 2 out 3 shots behind because of a disastrous drive and I was about to hole  out next shot. Any ways they proceeded to hit random putts all round the green until they exceeded the maximum shots and auto forfeited. Took a few minutes for these shenanigans to play out and didn’t bother me but wondered if there was any sort of logic to it, just curious, made me smile if nothing else!

grab a beer or coffee.  kick your feet up and watch as they try to get you to quit.  I used to get upset.   now i just find it comical

• jacktrade51
    10,831 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2021 7:31 PM

The above responses got it right.  Just wait.  The few idiots that do that have to be waited out.  There is no other solution.  Maybe if it works on nobody, they will stop doing it.

Tom.

RSS