Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Practice clubs vs. tournament clubs

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 18 2021 6:54 PM (2 replies)
  • magic8311
    2 Posts
    Sat, Jul 17 2021 4:38 AM

I recently noticed that my clubs in practice mode (irons) are not the same projected distances as when I am in tournament. For example my 3 iron is 222yds. in practice mode but states its a 215yds in tournament play. It is the same for all my irons, they are 5-7yd off between the two modes. Can't really map these clubs. I know that I did not have this problem a few months ago. Is there a fix for this issue or what? Thanks guys for any assistance. See ya at the 19th hole.

• SamSpayed
    3,410 Posts
    Sun, Jul 18 2021 12:27 PM

magic8311:
    I recently noticed that my clubs in practice mode (irons) are not the same projected distances as when I am in tournament. For example my 3 iron is 222yds. in practice mode but states its a 215yds in tournament play. It is the same for all my irons, they are 5-7yd off between the two modes.

It could be that when you are playing in Practice mode, you are getting apparel boosts that increase your iron distances.  In tournament play, you do not get apparel boosts.

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Sun, Jul 18 2021 6:54 PM

SamSpayed:

magic8311:
    I recently noticed that my clubs in practice mode (irons) are not the same projected distances as when I am in tournament. For example my 3 iron is 222yds. in practice mode but states its a 215yds in tournament play. It is the same for all my irons, they are 5-7yd off between the two modes.

It could be that when you are playing in Practice mode, you are getting apparel boosts that increase your iron distances.  In tournament play, you do not get apparel boosts.

Yes Coin events and Showdowns are not Tournaments . Coin rooms and Showdowns will have your apparel enhancements ..

Real tournaments will have your default equipment stats .

So I suggest you not play practice rounds . At all . Since you are not in a CC . And only have 1 friend . Consider joining a CC . There is no better way to experience WGT .

Please read HOW DO I GET UP IN THE CLUB ?

The other way to avoid practice rounds is to play the WGT Tiered Single Player Stroke Play Tournaments .

These are made like no other format . One never has to complete one of these rounds . Unless you have a score that you like , or is under your average .

That's right . It is the only format with a RESTART option in the menu . This means that one can and should restart , exit or quit anytime before the end of the 9th or 18th holes .

These incomplete rounds will never count against you in anyway . No consequences at all . This format is designed to be able to not finish the round .

And is also the only format that intentionally leaves green by default . Allowing invites to you during the solo ( practice ) not practice round .So you can stop right there and accept the invite . Quite possibly the only opportunity you will ever have to play that player .

One can restart a round 37 times if they want until they get the score they want .

These Tiered Single Player Stroke Play Tournaments . Are more fun in a CC . As one can change the conditions every week ( for instance ) to a particular course . Where as the WGT Tiered version is always the same default conditions . Over and over ........

The only round that counts in those is the one you finish .

Not to mention . Coin rooms can and are considered to be practice rounds . And are also GR8 at gaining good experience .

For when you play the real rounds . Multiplayer Stroke Play . WGT Tournaments , Brackets . Single Play Stroke Play Tournaments . ( Completely different than single player ).

Just offering you a different perspective .

Enjoy .

NEWEST UPLOAD LINK Skull410

RSS