Forums

Help › Forums

Re: SWING METER CONTROL RIGHT , LEFT , NONE

Mon, Aug 2 2021 8:04 AM (9 replies)
  • pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2021 10:03 PM

I just learned a very big lesson .

I don't usually watch TWITCH or other players too much . But I happened to be watching Young46 through a couple few holes the other day . I was saying " damn , how does he do that ? "

It was then that i noticed his swing .

When I started PCEA . I went to settings . I thought I only saw

Meaning drag the meter up the left side .

Or

Which means drag the meter up the right side .

I chose right . I didn't like it . I played like that until yesterday . Yes all this time . Because It looked to me like Young46 was using the same ole swing meter as we had in Flash .

I went to settings and I saw

Which means No right No left . But right down the line of the meter .

Lol . I'll be damned . I didn't see the " NONE" before .

My bad . Now I just have to get used to the mini map being on the right side again . With right side swing control it is on the left .

I doubt anyone else made this mistake . But just in case . I thought i would post my ignorance . Lol .

• DufferJohn7
    3,250 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2021 11:25 PM

Paul.

That's the setup I've been using. You'll notice on Pebble Beach you'll be missing a couple of mini maps, hole #1 and #8 (I think) with this setup.

Have fun and hit 'em straight,

John

PS: Great to see you back in the game!

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2021 4:52 AM

DufferJohn7:

Paul.

That's the setup I've been using. You'll notice on Pebble Beach you'll be missing a couple of mini maps, hole #1 and #8 (I think) with this setup.

Have fun and hit 'em straight,

John

PS: Great to see you back in the game!

Hi John . You know last night . That did happen to me . On the tee I was so lost I hit it in the water . I kinda got my bearings back on the next ( 3rd shot ) . But it likely blew my chances in the BeachBum . Lol .

With the quick shot clock I had to hit even though I had lost the ball location . . This was another example of there needing to be a key to return the ball back to the to the original placement .

Good to hear from you John .

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2021 5:15 AM

pdb1:
    This was another example of there needing to be a key to return the ball back to the to the original placement .

What I mean by that has nothing to do with whether or not the minimap is there .   There are times when the the distance flag gets misplaced and disappears . Leaving you with no idea where the ball is going to go .

Once one has lost it like that . It is a total hit and miss on that swing .It could be 40 , 80 , 100 yds right or left of where you would place it .

That is why others have posted here in the forum . The need for a key to return the aimer distance flag ( ? not sure what it is called ) .Back to its default location for that hole .

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Fri, Jul 30 2021 2:24 PM

Here it is . I just responded to another thread just like it .

No Maps on 2 holes at Pebble Beach

• SamSpayed
    3,345 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2021 12:12 AM

pdb1:

There are times when the the distance flag gets misplaced and disappears . Leaving you with no idea where the ball is going to go .

Once one has lost it like that . It is a total hit and miss on that swing .It could be 40 , 80 , 100 yds right or left of where you would place it .

That is why others have posted here in the forum . The need for a key to return the aimer distance flag ( ? not sure what it is called ) .Back to its default location for that hole .

I think WGT calls it the "aimer box".

If the aimer box disappears from your screen, just double-click on the spot in the game screen where you want it to appear, and it will appear on that spot.  

Hope this helps.

• garyk49
    1,984 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2021 7:27 AM

Paul, it makes no difference if you select left, right, none, you can still use the meter just like you did with flash.  Just because you see the vertical left or right, you can still slide the meter left and release.  By selecting right, you will then get the mini maps of 1 and 8, and all mini maps will be on the left side of the screen.  But I have heard that by selecting none, it is possible your meter may work better.

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2021 11:36 AM

garyk49:
    Paul, it makes no difference if you select left, right, none, you can still use the meter just like you did with flash.  Just because you see the vertical left or right, you can still slide the meter left and release. 

I thought I tried that many times with no luck . I might check that out again .

garyk49:
    By selecting right, you will then get the mini maps of 1 and 8, and all mini maps will be on the left side of the screen. 

I did really prefer that for sure .

garyk49:
    But I have heard that by selecting none, it is possible your meter may work better.

As I am finding to be true . Much better . And it not just mental . Coordination timing and response are better .

I will go and try it again . Not having the mini maps or aimer . Is costly , embarrassing and frustrating .

I assume this has only been an issue since the transition . It may be fixable still .

Thank you Gary .

• garyk49
    1,984 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2021 12:51 PM

pdb1:

I assume this has only been an issue since the transition . It may be fixable still .

Yes it has.  Don't hold your breath about fixable, as it hasn't yet been done.

I originally selected none, but changed to right to have all the mini maps.  I still move the meter left, just like flash.

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2021 8:04 AM

Now that I have had time to test both options . I have found that for my set up . Choosing the right side swing meter control , is the best choice for me .

The meter itself seems smoother and slower . The mini maps are there for all holes .

And I didn't know this but the actual swing , moving the cursor from right to left as does the meter . Is the same . For some reason I thought one had to move the cursor up the right side from bottom to top . With the right side control .

All good now .

Thanks for the input . It helped me get this figured out .

RSS