Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Opponent Forfeits Yet Still Wins?!

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 25 2022 10:01 PM (4 replies)
  • SpikeMike
    51 Posts
    Sun, Jul 11 2021 1:04 PM

Several times I've stated a 3-hole round when the game restarts (probably reset by opponent). When the game comes back, at some point it will quit and tell me I forfeited!! I lose the entry fee and (I assume) my opponent wins the prize money. What the HELL is wrong with this game?!

• JessicaOfCourse
    43 Posts
    Mon, Jul 12 2021 7:09 AM

Mike,

This has happened to me several times over the more than two years I've been on WGT.

One of the worst times for forfeits to occur is during one of the WGT Tournaments--such as the current "Beach Bum" series. 

Using the three hole head-to-head format opens up a lot of the issues. WGT hopefully has been told--a few thousand times by now--that this is an impediment to play in these events. In the last tournament of this type, I was -3 going into the third hole. The player forfeited evidently by simply cutting out without hitting the "forfeit" button. The game froze. I kept hitting "Retry" knowing what would likely happen. As is the norm, the game remained locked, the player won (not that the coins were important) but I not only lost the match but had a score of +3 over assigned--as if I bogeyed each hole. 

This dropped me in the rankings (I was near the top at the time) and not only was frustrating but dinged my place in the tournament and winnings.

While I have always been a loyal WGT supporter the "bugs" in coin games have been a continual source of frustration (not to mention the plethora of jerks that appear to show up in the random games lol)

WGT...take note: this is a problem and should be addressed, finally.

Thanks for listening. Wishing all the best for the best in virtual golf,

Jess

• Rifle57
    71 Posts
    Thu, Jul 15 2021 12:01 PM

Was in a Coin Game today. Strangest thing happened. I was 1 up after 1 hole, then on the second hole I was only 3 feet away, and he was 18 feet away. Next thing I know I'm putting first. Make the putt, go up by 2, or so I thought. Doesn't show his putt at all, but he's still connected. It's like I'm playing alone. On last tee it says I'm down by 2???. Finish up the game with par so thought I won, and it says I lost. Lost 100,000 coins. No big deal, but very strange. Anyone else have this happen.

Rifle57(Ross)

• spnorton
    401 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2021 9:35 AM

Yes, something similar happened to me today. Playing on Mobile, 1 hole H2H and we tie. Goes to tiebreaker and I hit a good shot. My opponent doesn’t hit, and the FORFEIT message comes across my screen. Then the game tells me I lost! Say what?

My tiebreak score was about 11 and his was 0. If he had actually hit and holed his shot, his score would also have been 0. My suspicion is that the game has a flaw in the tiebreak where it can’t tell the difference between a score of “0” achieved with a hit, vs achieved with a forfeit. Clearly my opponent knew that and purposely cheated me out of the win because he couldn’t win fairly.

This flaw is documented but WGT has yet to do anything about it. Damn them. I reported the incident and the player involved.

• numberone4life
    1 Posts
    Fri, Feb 25 2022 10:01 PM

Same thing constantly happens to me! 

RSS