Help › Forums

Re: Coin Game Ties

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 14 2023 3:30 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JohnHancock
    1,905 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2021 1:53 AM

I have noticed when playing coin games, that in the event of a Tie after sudden death (very rare but has happened to me a few times), nobody wins and both players lose their stake.

Surely this can't be a fair resolution for a tie?  Wouldn't it make sense if at least the players stakes were returned?

• Robbo81303
    409 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2022 7:12 AM

This is no glitch, it's by design.  During a coin-game tiebreaker if the two players finish at the same distance from the pin (to the nearest hundredth of a foot), there is no winner and WGT keeps the entry fees of both players - this despite the fact that on the final scorecard the 'winner' is indicated in Green and the 'loser' in Red.

To me, this is just another example of the complete lack of moral integrity on the part of WGT and Top Golf but that's just my opinion, your results may vary....no, wait, no variations, the players always lose in this situation.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2022 7:21 AM

Ties do result.  It's rare but it occurs. Both people have to be the same distance. this is most likely to occur when both people hole out their tiebreaker shot. 

I've seen it happen  3x maybe 4x  in the approximately 30000 i've played.

• Duphpherer
    437 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2022 9:12 AM

WGT being self-proclaimed the "winner" in a CTTH tie scenario seems wrong on all levels. At best they should only have claim to the "vigorish" from each player.  

• SabotageSlicer
    32 Posts
    Fri, Jul 29 2022 9:58 AM

I ha to play a Tie breaker in a coin match. Opponent hit his shot into the light rough which gave him a lie penalty of +15  I hit my shot onto the green with no lie penalty. He was awarded the win and received the 92,000 coins. How can this be correct. He wasn't on the green and i was. I ended up 47 and he was 21.05 + 15 lie penalty (lt. rough) which made him 36.05

Please explain someone who wasn't on the green won this match.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2022 2:26 PM

SabotageSlicer:

He wasn't on the green and i was. I ended up 47 and he was 21.05 + 15 lie penalty (lt. rough) which made him 36.05

36.05 (with lie penalty) is lower than 47.  That's why he won.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2022 5:49 PM

SabotageSlicer:

I ha to play a Tie breaker in a coin match. Opponent hit his shot into the light rough which gave him a lie penalty of +15  I hit my shot onto the green with no lie penalty. He was awarded the win and received the 92,000 coins. How can this be correct. He wasn't on the green and i was. I ended up 47 and he was 21.05 + 15 lie penalty (lt. rough) which made him 36.05

not sure what's complicated about this...

36.5<47

• spnorton
    401 Posts
    Mon, Aug 1 2022 1:04 PM

This happened to me recently…

Coin room and both of us tied.

Goes to tiebreaker (CTTH) and both of us TIE!

The end result was that we BOTH LOST! Say what?

in a real world scenario, we should both have WON and split the purse.  

• PAGES
RSS