Re: How do you get an answer? 7th Post - modified

Mon, Jul 26 2021 1:30 AM (28 replies)
  • dhjam1
    442 Posts
    Sat, Jul 17 2021 5:20 PM

alosso:

dhjam1:
    What happened to your post? 
    I had the impression that it might breach the Guidelines, and I didn't want it to be my second (temporary) ban.

I was too late to delete it, so I had to edit/snip it.

­čĹî

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Sun, Jul 18 2021 2:02 PM

alosso:

dhjam1:
    What happened to your post? 
    I had the impression that it might breach the Guidelines, and I didn't want it to be my second (temporary) ban.

I was too late to delete it, so I had to edit/snip it.

EDIT : I have edited it .

• jacktrade51
    9,110 Posts
    Sun, Jul 18 2021 9:17 PM

Member services has gone south, and they are killing AS!  Have to think after 7 months it is on purpose!

• callaghan159
    5,110 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2021 1:37 AM

jacktrade51:

Member services has gone south, and they are killing AS!  Have to think after 7 months it is on purpose!

Makes sense because you are hitting the ball every second shot which means half the ball hits which transfers to half the ball sales.

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2021 5:37 AM

callaghan159:

jacktrade51:

Makes sense because you are hitting the ball every second shot which means half the ball hits which transfers to half the ball sales.

Uh NO . Just more glitches . Alt shot has revived itself . Maybe almost to the level it was back 6 years ago . When it took a near fatal fall in popularity .

There used to be massive Alt Shot groups . Some in CC's . Some with multiple CC's .

Back about 6 years ago WGT had a couple glitch debacles . Including " The GR8 Invisible Invite Glitch " . Where no one could invite anyone for a too long spell .

That alone caused many long time tight groups to diminish or even disband altogether . It caused a drop in Community Organized Tournaments .

Of course it did not effect the hardest core Alt Shot faithfuls . I doubt they even noticed . Lol .

But from other perspectives it threatened the very survival of that GR8 format .

I believe with the help of PCEA ( even with the glitches ) . Alt Shot popularity has now reemerged .

I want to believe that these annoying PCEA glitches . Are even more frustrating to the techs . And are doing what they can to resolve them .

Call me an optimist . Call me a positive thinker . I don't care . I can take it .

Tom . Please calm down .

• gatorbilly
    578 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2021 11:34 AM

I agree PDB, I was not a fan of the new format, but I do agree that alt shot has re-amerged to the level it once was  Billy

• RickinWaSt
    1,218 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2021 6:50 AM

>>> What I take from this... Is that those particular features are not possible / convertible , >>> not programmable in this PCEA or Mobile . It looks like we are not getting those and >>> more .

Whatever "those particular features'" that may not be incorporated could be communicated.

• jacktrade51
    9,110 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2021 10:47 PM

callaghan159:

jacktrade51:

Actually that doesn't make sense.  Just as many shots are being hit in the same amount of time.

So what if it is spread out over 4 players.

Tom.

• callaghan159
    5,110 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2021 1:30 AM

jacktrade51:

callaghan159:

jacktrade51:

Actually that doesn't make sense.  Just as many shots are being hit in the same amount of time.

So what if it is spread out over 4 players.

Tom.

4 players playing alt shot is not the same as 4 players playing a 9 hole round. Some alt shot games don't go 9 holes and yes, some go more. Maybe the different length of games balances out, who knows. Just my opinion. 

RSS