Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Game invites

Fri, Jan 28 2022 5:02 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Jun 27 2021 5:25 AM

I play mobile , on an iPad. I am receiving invites from someone to play a game , and yet I am not on his friends list and he is not a friend of mine . How is this possible please ?

• Dharla
    316 Posts
    Sun, Jun 27 2021 6:26 AM

bossbird:
    I play mobile , on an iPad. I am receiving invites from someone to play a game , and yet I am not on his friends list and he is not a friend of mine . How is this possible please ?

There could be a variety of reasons but probably the most common is while waiting in the lobbies the host will sometimes ask the others if there is anyone he can invite. A friend of yours probably suggested you. PCEA players can invite anyone and you don't even have to be "available" to receive invites.

Best wishes, Dharla

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Sun, Jun 27 2021 7:06 AM

When you create a game Lesley, you can search for a player and invite them. They don't have to be a friend.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Jun 27 2021 12:01 PM

ScottHope:

When you create a game Lesley, you can search for a player and invite them. They don't have to be a friend.

So even though I only play mobile , a PC player could invite me to play them ? 
    and if I were to accept would I be playing a multi player game or just a one to one with the person who invited me ?  

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Sun, Jun 27 2021 1:02 PM

Ah, I keep forgetting that mobile and PC games are different. Sorry Lesley, ignore my previous post.

• Gashmaster1
    39 Posts
    Wed, Jan 12 2022 9:41 AM

Did you ever get an answer to this issue? I am having the same problem.
    Thanks

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Wed, Jan 12 2022 9:42 PM

bossbird:

So even though I only play mobile , a PC player could invite me to play them ? 
    and if I were to accept would I be playing a multi player game or just a one to one with the person who invited me ?

A PC player can only invite a mobile player to play a 3-hole or 9-hole Head-to-Head game.  If you are on PC and you try to invite a mobile play a different game, you'll get the following response:

Hope this helps.

• Gashmaster1
    39 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 6:25 AM

So I play 100% mobile. Can a PC Player that is not a "Friend" invite me to a 3-hole or 9-hole Head-to-Head game, since that is what is happening.

Thanks

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 12:54 PM

Gashmaster1:

So I play 100% mobile. Can a PC Player that is not a "Friend" invite me to a 3-hole or 9-hole Head-to-Head game, since that is what is happening.

Gashmaster1, I'm using the PC app, and I just tried to invite you from your Profile page (we are not friends), and there was no option to do that.  So I don't know how you're getting those invites.

If you're getting unwanted invites from a player, you can always try blocking them.

• Cicero733
    2,292 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 1:08 PM

I just tried it from the mobile app on iPad. You can set up matches with established friends through the app or invite players who are not friends via a number of avenues to include email and other messaging services…strange

• PAGES
RSS