Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Need to Rant (I'll try to keep it short)

Thu, Jan 6 2022 5:19 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Baaneral
    6 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2021 6:54 PM

So an update, I did get in touch with WGT, and they refunded my coins. Didn't get to replay any rounds so still missed the cut by a long stretch. Better luck next time.

I guess my main complaint is the worthless hate-quitters that pulled me down with their negative karma.

Thanks to everyone that answered.

Hail Bob.

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2021 3:09 AM
    ChrisDeGarmo:

Reply and trying to keep it short...

Your cancel collided with an opponent being selected. A glitch. Computers aren't perfect, and the internet has lag. If you press the cancel button, the risk is on you that it will cancel out correctly.

Your opponent forfeiting and hosing your game is something that plagued me around 4 showdowns ago. It happened because my game froze and/or error messages were thrown and I responded by leaving the round and trying to re-enter. Did not work, and rounds were given +3. I then resolved myself, the next time an opponent forfeited, to just sit and wait - do NOTHING. And that worked. And has continued to work through the last 3 showdowns I've played.

If you freeze up and suspect your opponent did something naughty, or if you get a message stating something's wrong - do NOTHING. I know it feels like forever, but just wait. Eventually you will get an in-game pop-up that you can continue without the opponent. Through multiple elimination and final rounds, I've had probably 10 or more rage-quits and/or straight up forfeits, and have not had anything bad happen at all. 100% problem solved - so far, and YMMV.

Not entirely accurate that if you do nothing, you will resume. In the qualifying portion, I was 1’4” from an eagle on the first hole of my 3 set. I got the spinning wheel where you know the player just closed the app. I waited and waited, got kicked back to the Home Screen with a message “saved game doesn’t exist.” I got 3 bogeys for that, and I still think that if a player up and closes the game once an opponent has been selected they should be locked out from playing for 24 hours.
  • rjteeithi
    673 Posts
    Wed, Jan 5 2022 3:52 PM

Wutpa:

rjteeithi:

Wutpa:

rjteeithi:

Ill keep mine even shorter

WGT don't care, and does nothing...ever

Not short enough.

WGT SUCKS?

And yet here you are.

I was at the capitol on Jan 6th also....It also sucked so...

• CaptRon48
    179 Posts
    Wed, Jan 5 2022 5:15 PM

Counting my lucky stars! on one of the sets before a stroke by either of us other player forfeited. Luckily I got to play the round no issues. I think it comes down to if player hits forfeit it will work out but if they close whole game out its crapshoot.

• Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2022 5:19 AM

Baaneral:

So yeah, playing the Tie-Dye Showdown, and starting holes 7-9, I hit the cancel button before an opponent was selected. I was given +1 on all 3 holes. Never started the match. I know this is wrong because the cancel button disappears when opponent is selected.

THEN, on the last 3 holes, my opponent forfeited before the first swing, AND THE ROUND ENDED WITH ME GETTING +1 ON ALL 3 HOLES BECAUSE HE FORFEITED.

So I got a +6 on my score for 6 holes I didn't get to play. I'm all for punishing people for quitting rounds or bad behavior, but I did nothing wrong here, didn't violate any rules, didn't time out anything. 

I love the snot out of this game, but this kind or BS ruins it.

No worries...there is worse. To get 3 birdies and see your scorecard with 3 bogeys cause the moron opponent of yours forfeited...

• PAGES
RSS