Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Cumulative stats

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 2 2021 1:22 AM (7 replies)
  • pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2021 7:13 AM

I would like to see the ability to see your game stats over a selected period of time.  I get the historical value, but in terms of game improvement, it's hard to see whether you are putting better or approaching better if the numbers don't change because historically they are more or less set.  

For example, my putts per hole is 1.52, but maybe over the last 30 days it's 1.35, yet the 1.52 number doesn't change.  think it'd be helpful if you could check your stats for the last 30 days in addition to the historical numbers.  

By seeing numbers over last 30 days, you can say, yeah, I'm improving and what i'm doing is working.  or you can say what i'm doing isn't working.  

Just something that I think could add value to the game.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sun, Jul 4 2021 3:10 PM

Simple solution:  just take screen shots of your stats pages every "period of time" (eg. every 30 days) and compare them.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2021 2:44 PM

SamSpayed:

Simple solution:  just take screen shots of your stats pages every "period of time" (eg. every 30 days) and compare them.

A few years ago when I was more interested in my stats I had a spreadsheet where I tracked them over time. I would just enter in some of the key ones (GIR, Putting Avg. Per Hole etc) and the spreadsheet would highlight any trends each time I updated it.

If I remember rightly I even went so far as to set myself targets, so that I could see how quickly (or, more accurately, slowly) I inched towards them. It only took a few seconds to plug in the new stats each time, but being fascinated with my stats was a very transient thing and I quickly grew disinterested in them.

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2021 6:05 AM

updating this.  

since july 3.  

821 holes

1149 putts

1.4 putts per hole

59.44% 1 Putt

38.73% 2 Putt

0.97% 3 Putt

Numbers aren't overly impressive, but are better than my historical stats (1.52 pph, 49% 1 Putt, 46% 2 putt, 4.16% 3 Putt)

That said, the average is clearly better than my historical.  Takes 10 seconds each ranked round to log numbers.  

My goal is 60% 1 putt, 1.3 putts per hole (which is 12-13 putts per 9, 25 putts per 18).  

• jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2021 7:38 PM

Your point is well taken.  

As a TC, I would love to see my stats un-contaminated by the bad shots I had as Hack-Legend.

When I hit TL, I wrote them all down and intended to then figure out my own based on the new data but, sadly, I lost the sheet I wrote all the numbers down on.

Tom.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2021 1:22 AM

SamSpayed:

+1

I do this using MS Excel every 3 months.

RSS