Help › Forums

Re: Playing lower tier levels

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 4 2021 9:11 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • azdave
    3 Posts
    Mon, Jun 14 2021 9:47 PM

I really enjoyed the combination of my equipment and the back 9 of Wolfcreek when playing at Tour Master tier.  Now that I am at Legend tier I am not enjoying the game anymore.  I'm nearly 300 consecutive days played so I am hesitant to take some time off.  Is there anyway to dial it back to a previous tier?

• reggie7900
    911 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2021 1:04 AM

No not at all once you reach legend tier you play off longer tees the games about going forward not backwards. 

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2021 4:35 AM

Hi Dave. Yes, hitting from the longer tees will change the whole aspect of the game, especially when you are still using the starer clubs. The added distance makes the game play a lot different. Unfortunately to get more distance you will need to upgrade your clubs, and balls. The added difference will help some, but the putting on faster greens will take some time to learn.

I see that you are not in a club, I would suggest that you look for, and join an active club for the simple reason so you can make your own easier courses till you develop skills & equipment needed for the longer, more difficult courses.

Have fun and don’t give up.

Dave.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2021 9:54 AM

I would venture that somewhere between 2009 and today you took a long break from the game. Why you took a leave and why you returned might help you to determine why you want to play WGT.

For some of us it is the challenge, much like real golf. For others it is a social experience; again like real golf.  And for still others it is the competition.  For most it is some combination of these elements. 

Why do YOU play?  You need to answer this question in order to decide how to proceed. Everyone here can give you all kinds of advice, but that advice is always based on their own reasons for playing.

Your original  question was about going back to a lower tier. There are at least two work arounds that you can use. Neither will put you in the Tour Master tier, but each will allow you to play lower tier games.

The first is to play practice rounds. You set up the conditions including the tee box location and the green speed. These rounds will not be recorded and will not count toward your average but they will count toward consecutive day bonus as well as raising your level.

The second option would be to join a country club. But this option requires that you pick a club that has some club tournaments that do NOT use default tees or greens. (Sometimes these are called "red tee" tournaments but can be set with any tee box or green speed.)

You also have the option of starting your own country club and then setting your own tournaments.  You could set up a tournament using Wolf Creek back 9 with Master tier greens and tee box. Any country club tournament will count toward average as well as level and consecutive day bonus.

Other options going forward will most likely require some level of time or monetary commitment in order to make equipment upgrades. Watching 75  videos every day to get 150 free credits is the easiest if you have a smart phone and the WGT app. No smart phone means using an emulator such as Nox or BlueStacks  with the WGT app to watch the videos. (It is possible to use all 3 of these at the same time to speed things up.)  Purchasing credits is also an option.

Whatever you decide, playing the game is about YOUR enjoyment. If it is not fun, don't do it.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2021 1:19 PM

azdave:
    I'm nearly 300 consecutive days played so I am hesitant to take some time off.
    I'm certain that you need no more consecutive days!

Today, you're getting around 1,800 XPs per day, which contribute 1.4 % of the XPs towards your next level, L93. This would allow you, in more than two months, to buy - nothing else. There's no new equipment available in L93.

You'd have to wait until L94, another 11 weeks away, to get access to some shiny Callaway drivers. But wait again (and no pun intended), your L55 driver is already the best piece of your equipment, and everything except a few drivers is already available to you! (you only never bought anything except a putter)

Furthermore, there are no bragging rights for you as nobody else can see your CDP tableau, so why should you pursuit it any more?

Take a break if you wish so!!

• dschlapman
    71 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2021 3:38 PM

azdave:

I really enjoyed the combination of my equipment and the back 9 of Wolfcreek when playing at Tour Master tier.  Now that I am at Legend tier I am not enjoying the game anymore.  I'm nearly 300 consecutive days played so I am hesitant to take some time off.  Is there anyway to dial it back to a previous tier?

Same with me/ the biggest mistake I made on WGT was in making Legend, the fun times stop.  I promised my self that I will never make it to the next level now.

• billycash74
    2,074 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2021 11:37 AM

dschlapman:

azdave:

Same with me/ the biggest mistake I made on WGT was in making Legend, the fun times stop.  I promised my self that I will never make it to the next level now.

youre already on the back tees and champ greens so why would you stop at legend? nothing changes from this point forward for you. 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2021 10:22 PM

...except green speeds...

• azdave
    3 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2021 10:20 PM

Thank you everyone.  This has been a more helpful experience than I was expecting.  I appreciate every response.  I have learned a lot from your feedback.

I play WGT at the end of the day for a distraction.  For me, it is a way to focus on something other than work as a way to relax by participating in something vs spectating.  I have no interest in "competing" against anyone and I am not into being frustrated by under performing in a "game".  So, with the benefit of club/ball/course combinations that help sustain my illusion of being a "player" I am achieving a certain level of satisfaction in this fantasy called computer golf.  No diss to others with different motivations. 

I bought a couple of clubs to try and cobble together a bag of weapons that may help keep my interest going.  I can't see myself being more extravagant so If that doesn't work maybe I can start over with a new registration/identity.  

WGT has been a lovely platform.  BTW, I really miss the times with Flash and all the benefits we had back then.  Anyway, good luck to all and thanks again for the insight.

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2021 10:56 PM

azdave:
    t so If that doesn't work maybe I can start over with a new registration/identity.  
    If you use the same computer with a new registration, you could be booted for being a multi-account.  Best work out something with wgt ahead of time, or get a new laptop for the new account.

• PAGES
RSS