Re: TO CATCH A CHEAT

Mon, Jan 24 2022 4:06 PM (116 replies)
  • PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Mon, Jan 24 2022 6:58 AM

DodgyPutter:

I want to leave this thread too but this:

Needs answering.

these people have something that "keeps their drives straight, irons make the green, and they'll one putt the green no matter what speed."

and they use it to restart and qualify 35th in the rookie showdown? They could win the big credit tournaments if they could use such a program undetected but you're suggesting they target the Rookie Showdown and games in Chelsea! 

Good luck and godspeed!

Ive asked repeatedly for an explanation of this...

DodgyPutter:
    That is nonsense and people shouldn't block or report on the basis of what is basically someone playing one good hole.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,865 Posts
    Mon, Jan 24 2022 10:37 AM

DodgyPutter:
      That is nonsense and people shouldn't block or report on the basis of what is basically someone playing one good hole.

I've reported about 50 fraudulent accounts to WGT for review since last July.

I have played 3,600 separate H2H games during that time.

Your "nonsense" is nonsense. Read my last post again, I'm NOT naming names.

We need SOMETHING to identify the frauds, this is the start. It is simple and quick. If you wish to help formulate a better list, I appreciate the help. But I find your replies are mostly negative.

DodgyPutter:
    5 you're basing on one hole, one putt with an indication of distance and I'm not sure do they get the predictor thing?

...and the fact that they just started a week ago.

These steps are the start. Please help me.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,865 Posts
    Mon, Jan 24 2022 11:01 AM

PureGro1:

Ive asked repeatedly for an explanation of this...

DodgyPutter:

HECK! I didn't realize Morgan Freeman says Dodgy is right!

Seriously, please help me formulate a good set of steps the average player can follow.

Your help is appreciated,

• dandev76
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jan 24 2022 1:15 PM

Not if they use IP vanish. 

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Mon, Jan 24 2022 2:31 PM

DuFussMcGoo:
    Seriously, please help me formulate a good set of steps the average player can follow.

It's kind of tough to say, but I'll tell you my thoughts.

I agree with DP in that I don't report anyone for having a good game against me in the 1-hole coin rooms.  Anything can happen there.  I've seen Hacks and Amateurs make 25-50 foot putts against me.  Didn't think anything of it.  Anyone can get lucky.

I don't play Showdowns, but it sounds like you (DuFuss) are pretty good at spotting and reporting anomalies there.

Regarding other cheats, the only ones I really pay attention to are multi's.  Not naming any names, but I'll give you 2 examples.  

One was a series of 4-5 accounts where it was obvious to me that they were all owned (and being played) by the same person.  They moved as a pack from CC to CC, sometimes starting (and closing) their own CC.  I spotted them by their posts in the Forums.  Always the same posting style (their posts were always in bold italics), grammar, and tone.  Occasionally, whoever owned the accounts would post something using Account A, someone would respond, and their next response would come from Account B using the same "I" pronoun.  Dead giveaway.  I made a list of they accounts and sent it to WGT Member Services.  They did nothing.

Another was 2 accounts, one a Legend and one a Pro.  Same country flag and almost the same avatar (a big block letter).  The Legend had gifted the Pro all of his equipment.  The Pro was shooting 29s in the weekly SP tournaments with it, despite having only joined WGT a week before. The Pro came into one of our Discord servers one night wanting to play challenge matches against lower-tiered players for credits.  He was investigated by the Discord community, outed, and removed from the Discord server.  I (and probably others) reported those accounts to WGT.  WGT, from what I can tell, suspended both accounts.  Neither comes up in a name search and neither has been played since last September.

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Mon, Jan 24 2022 3:46 PM

DuFussMcGoo:

Your help is appreciated,

I honestly wish I could, This is the problem though- I don't believe you, I or anyone else can definitively spot someone cheating as opposed to someone really good or opposed to someone getting really lucky especially when talking about a 1-3 hole game. Maybe easier to spot over a 9 hole stroke or match game, In all the time I've played I can say I've seen MAYBE 5 questionable players in H2H play.

I see a lot of people who have "mapped" the rock and starters on these coin games to a point where they are terribly hard to beat and it is a humbling experience. I can usually get three scores tie em and win the OT hole- but not always and they leave you very little room for error. 

I cant say this enough, some Coin players are tough as can be to beat regardless of stats/avg/tier or lack thereof. 

As far as duplicates- You seem to have an eye for spotting them and I say more power to you, keep reporting those, But try to not judge if someone's cheating by their gameplay.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,865 Posts
    Mon, Jan 24 2022 4:06 PM

PureGro1:
    I honestly wish I could, This is the problem though- I don't believe you,

A wise person once said "Fools have no desire to learn, They would rather give their own opinion."

Wait a minute.

It was you!

So in response to you "Whatever, talk to the hand."

You just want to bicker and squabble about everything I say. Haters have to hate. Go to it.

RSS