Forums

Help › Forums

Re: TO CATCH A CHEAT

Mon, Jan 24 2022 4:06 PM (116 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Oct 25 2021 12:38 PM
    I can't stop the bottom bit being squashed, a deserved punishment for being so long winded I suppose :-)
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, Oct 25 2021 2:01 PM

I agree dodgyputter , there are obvious cheats and not so obvious cheats they could at least start with the obvious . Any way I can’t do any more , and I shan’t lose sleep over it , but it would be nice to at least get a reply. They have had, and replied to another email with screen shots , sent just a few minutes apart , but have chosen either not to look into the cheat complaint or just can’t be bothered to reply. 

• TIMHCP6
    1 Posts
    Tue, Nov 23 2021 1:49 AM

I totally agree with you regarding this. You are spot on, they turn up, do not respond to you, hit worldy shots every time and sink ridiculous putts.

But there must be other ways of cheating too, I played a young guy fro Australia (I think if I remember correctly) he blasted the ball anywhere off the tee - then played 3 or 4 iron out of the deep rough and put it to 6 inches from the flag. I'm afraid I was quite rude to him!

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,865 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2021 12:14 PM

bossbird:
    I see cheaters primarily now in the showdown. In the rookie league , amateurs and pros , being able to score -7 on 9 holes . Or in the final round -11 in 18 holes .

I spotted 2 cheaters in 2 different Showdowns. In one, the HACK was -7 in the 2nd QUALIFYING ROUND, and in the other the HACK was at -11! 

In both cases, Topgolf took the cheaters off the game completely and would not let them play in the finals.

GOOD WORK TOPGOLF!

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,865 Posts
    Wed, Dec 8 2021 4:23 PM

tramilleo:
    But you won the coins, why care if they quit??? the purpose is to win you won quit complaining about winning sheesh

In your FRIENDS list when you sign in, is a "win/lost/tie" record for the month. It works like every other Topgolf improvement...not too good.

If your opponent quits, your WIN does not register. I emailed them to see if a fix could be made. Nope, they said. "Hey, you got your coins and your apparel, that's good enough."

ie A "TIE"? Really? Has anyone ever TIED a match?

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Wed, Dec 8 2021 5:17 PM

DuFussMcGoo:

Yes, but it was a long time ago.   

But WGT decided that despite having stats from the 1, 3 or 9 holes played that show the proximity to pin on approach shots made, which could be used to determine the same thing as wasting 1 more shot and reducing the entire match to 1 shot rather than stats for 1, 3 or 9 holes extracts a lot more ball hits in the long run and removes a bit of the skill factor and induces more luck at times given you can't control variance.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Wed, Dec 8 2021 11:56 PM

DuFussMcGoo:
    Has anyone ever TIED a match?

I have. The funny thing is you and your opponent both earn no coins and only a bronze apparel pack is given after a tie breaker. In common sense, shouldn't both players get the winner's prize? :-/

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Dec 9 2021 6:51 AM

DuFussMcGoo:

A couple of times i was in Tiebreaks where we both knocked the tiebreak in the cup. Those are recorded as ties.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,865 Posts
    Thu, Dec 9 2021 11:50 AM

Mythanatos:

A couple of times i was in Tiebreaks where we both knocked the tiebreak in the cup. Those are recorded as ties.

Hi Mythanatos! I've seen your awards list. I had never thought of both scoring HIO on the tie breaker. In your world, it happens! To bad we don't have Flash anymore, I'd love to see THAT!

• Robbo81303
    409 Posts
    Fri, Dec 10 2021 4:01 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    The funny thing is you and your opponent both earn no coins and only a bronze apparel pack is given after a tie breaker. In common sense, shouldn't both players get the winner's prize?

I've had this happen and you are correct.  Just like real life these days, this is indicative of what happens when the chronically amoral are in charge of things.

RSS