Forums

Help › Forums

Re: A quick intro and help needed....

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 2 2021 10:08 AM (6 replies)
  • JDS531
    9 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2021 12:58 PM

Hello to all, new player and my first post. I've been playing WGT on mobile now for about 6wks and discovered these forums not long after reaching Tour Pro. The tips and knowledge gained here from the top/experienced players is invaluable and really helped me improve my game. Just using the COIN set and a decent ball along with incorporating what I learned so far, got my avg down to 67 and even managed a top 5 and a couple top 10's in weekly tournaments.

Then came the jump to Master, and I was quickly humbled again. Also realized an upgrade in equipment was needed. Here the forums helped once again as I discovered the Steam bundles. This is where I currently need some assistance. 

As a test I only purchased the $5 Par bundle through the mobile app which was no problem. However once I signed in to WGT, I discovered the bundle didn't show up there. I checked my inbox and nada. I sent a help request to WGT via the mobile help form. The reply email stated that "A WGT agent has responded to your question." Well great what did they say? Is there somewhere to go to actually see their response?

Do I need to first launch the game through Steam and then download the bundle before it will show up in the mobile version? 

Thanks in advance to all who reply and many, many thanks to all those who share their knowledge and tips here. Looking forward to continuing to learn and improve and (hopefully) some nice bundles of new equipment. 

Almost forgot. Looking for suggestions on a new CC to join as my current one is mostly inactive. 

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2021 11:50 AM

I don’t use steam but if you purchased anything from WGT it should show up in your activity list on your profile page. Looking at your list I do not see any purchased items. I do see a lot of rentals that you did purchase though.

If in fact you did purchased a bundled from WGT and it took either credits or money from you then yes, contact WGT customer service. If it was through Steam you will have to contact them.

Good luck & welcome to WGT, it’s a fun game once you work out all the kinks.

Dave.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2021 12:09 PM

JDS531:
    Almost forgot. Looking for suggestions on a new CC to join as my current one is mostly inactive. 

Welcome to WGT, JDS!  If you're looking for a CC, I've sent you a friend invite and an invite to our CC.  We're small but friendly.  I believe you'll need to quit your current CC before you can join ours.

But if a small club like ours doesn't appeal to you, I'd suggest checking out Country Club Corner here in the Forums.  Lots of great country clubs looking for players there.  I'm sure you can find one to your liking.

Good luck!

• JDS531
    9 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2021 8:44 PM

I made the purchase from Steam as those bundles are exclusive to their site. I should have put that better.

As I said, I learned about those here on the forums as members who purchased them and said you would have access to those items from any platform, not solely from the Steam launcher. 

Steam's response is basically that they are only a point of sale in the transaction as they have no 3rd party agreement with WGT to manage items/equipment in the game. 

Basically yes you buy from Steam but WGT provides the goods so if you didn't get your stuff  it's WGT 's fault (according to them)

• JDS531
    9 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2021 9:11 PM

Hey Sam, thanks for the invite. I'll check your club out and respond in kind once I figure out how to locate the invite. 

Would I find these invites on my profile or will they show up next time I sign in to WGT?

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2021 10:15 PM

JDS531:

Hey Sam, thanks for the invite. I'll check your club out and respond in kind once I figure out how to locate the invite. 

Would I find these invites on my profile or will they show up next time I sign in to WGT?

It should be a dot (orange dot maybe) next to FRIENDS at the bottom of your main screen.  If you don't see it, you might need to quit your current club before I can invite you again (or before you can click "Request To Join" on our club page).

Regarding your Steam bundle question, I don't know myself, but a member of our club (Markofteja) has purchased Steam bundles before.  Feel free to send him a friend request and ask him via PM... or, if you join our club, just post in our CC forum and he can advise you from there.

• JDS531
    9 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2021 10:08 AM

Thanks Sam, I'll be joining you in your clubhouse soon, just got the bundle deal figured out and now working on getting my ⛳ bag sorted with what I want. Got a few questions on clubs that I will post in the equipment forum.

Thanks for the info on the Steam bundles. The issue was what I was thinking in my first post. You have to launch the game from Steam initially after making the purchase to get your items loaded into the game. After that, you claim them from your inbox and thereafter you can play WGT from any platform, no need to use Steam.

Anyway, "see" you soon and thanks again. 

RSS