Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Final 60° Wedge.

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 1 2021 9:09 AM (4 replies)
  • YouLostToALoser
    190 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2021 12:17 PM

Which 3 wedges are the best combo for ‘final wedges’?

Simple, I’m not going to lead the replies, but I have my choices down to 2. 

So, who thinks they have the best and why. What are the benefits and flaws?

There are no wrong answers as it’s subjective, but I need reasons as we all play our wedges in different ways...pitch, flop, punch and normal. So adding what shots are good and which are not so good for what you have would be helpful.

Thanks. Y’all are great sources of knowledge that I’d be a lot worse player without you. So thanks in advance. 

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2021 12:59 PM

At level 94, I assume you are wondering if you'll like the Callaway 60° as much as the Vokey. I have them both and prefer the Callaway. The Vokey plays fantastic, but I am much more accurate with the meter on the Callaway.  I don't play a lot of flop shots with it, but when I do it plays nice. Punch and pitch both play fantastic with the Callaway. And where I like it best is when the circumstances allow a chip with this club. It rolls like and is as accurate as a putt. Percentage wise, I have holed out more with that shot than any other shot and any other club. Although you have to know when you can and can't use that shot. It doesn't play well at all with lots of elevation change. Even though the Callaway is my preference, you can't go wrong with either of those choices.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2021 1:33 PM

Clubs, are like lovers: there are none that are perfect. This is true with wedges. I carry Cleveland wedges that have the exact same specs as the Titlist Vokey wedges. Basically they gap perfectly with my iron set. And if I could ditch my pitching wedge from the iron set I would put the 52* Cleveland in the bag.  

• Tabarnak777
    168 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2021 4:01 PM

I'm still sticking with a L60 wedge because i just like how it fits in my bag and my strategies. Trials and errors are best ways but not easy to try them all of course.

RSS