Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Meter Speed

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 31 2021 8:33 PM (4 replies)
  • Digger5560
    40 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2021 8:13 AM

Hi guys & girls just about to buy a new set of irons but it's important for me to have the meter speed as slow as possible, does that mean a higher number or a lower number as in say 4.5 or 3.0 

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2021 11:47 AM

Where the meter is concerned, the higher the number  = slower meter speed.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2021 12:22 PM

It looks like you purchased the Callaway Apex 21 Iron Set (L97+) today.  That's a great choice.

I'd like to also mention that it looks like you're in a fairly dead country club.  Your owner hasn't played since 2017 and everyone in your CC is still a Recruit with very few people playing.  If you'd like to be in a club that's more active, you are welcome to join our club.  I've sent you an invite.  You might need to quit your current club first in order to accept the invite.

If our club doesn't appeal to you, I'd suggest you check out Country Club Corner.  Many clubs there are recruiting, and I'm sure you can find one that you'll enjoy.

Good luck!

• jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2021 8:33 PM

I appreciate you are trying to plug away in WGT.  But you are in a dead country club.

BD is taking new members so check into us.  Lots of ongoing club tournaments, an active and friendly forum happy to give advice, and no requirements to play club clashes, club tournaments.  Members play what they enjoy.

I have lot's of advice on meter speed issues.  Higher number is lower speed, but larger issue is matching club and ball speed.  They interact.

Rocks for balls and level 97 irons do not usually work together.  Nor do crummy wedges with any ball.  It is a balancing act.

Tom.

RSS