Re: Family members playing on one PC.

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 25 2021 9:27 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2021 9:13 AM

ScottHope:

How do other game vendors deal with this issue, or do they just not care how many accounts one person may have?

game vendors is not quite the correct terminology.  More along the line of game client(hosting site)(Steam, and Origin are 2 of the big ones, but there are also others)  If I read Steam and I believe most others, correctly, they don't really care about multiple accounts.  But each account has to have a different email address associated with it.

Carlos mentioned Lan playing.  That could be 2 different ways, either local or remote.  Local sometimes back when, was a pain in the butt, as some games required each computer on the lan had to have a cd in its drive for the game to operate.  Back then it was also a royal pain in the butt to copy cd's due to copy guard being used on them.  Even remote required each computer to have a valid copy of the game in its drive, but then that was usually different households.  That is why multiplayer is so big on hosting sites, but still you need to have the game, within your list of downloaded games.  But it is much easier to play now then to try and configure the lan to work correctly.

• ScottHope
    10,010 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2021 9:56 AM

Thanks for the info guys.  ; )

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2021 4:39 AM

My stepson tried playing WGT here at the house and got deleted.  Even after going back and forth with the powers that be that he was indeed 17 years old, very much a real person.  Their reasoning for banning was that it's me playing, which it wasn't.  The kid would sit there and watch me play, and I explained things to him.  When he got his character up and going, he was scoring well, not great, but well because he knew some of the intricacies of the game.  

This apparently was multi-playing, and his character was banned.  

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2021 8:06 AM

pdiehm:

My stepson tried playing WGT here at the house and got deleted.  Even after going back and forth with the powers that be that he was indeed 17 years old, very much a real person.  Their reasoning for banning was that it's me playing, which it wasn't.  The kid would sit there and watch me play, and I explained things to him.  When he got his character up and going, he was scoring well, not great, but well because he knew some of the intricacies of the game.  

This apparently was multi-playing, and his character was banned.  

Not uncommon, unfortunately. WGT get twitchy about two accounts having the same IP address.

You could maybe get round that by running a VPN when your nephew plays, so it generates a different IP address from your home one.

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2021 5:27 PM

pdiehm:
    Their reasoning for banning was that it's me playing, which it wasn't. 

LOL - did you tell them, his hand was on the mouse and you were just "coaching' they seem to make exceptions for those cases - then again you have to be among the favored players for that to happen.

-- this scenario is so lame - because WGT wants you to recommend and promote the game to more people or get "friends" or "family" to join but then they go about banning innocent people trying to bond with family members or in your case a step son. 

go figure - it can be hard enough for adults to connect with their teenage kids - heaven forbid you find a video golf game where that may be possible but NO - playing golf with a family member is against the rules??? come on... they can let unethical and unsportsmanlike conduct slide in the biggest events - but this is where they draw the line.

Give me a break.

Also, of course a family member who can learn from another will pick more up and faster  - the so called "coaches" have proven that.

so much for a game that encourages a family activity - is that too much like real golf where you can go out on the course and play the game together - bonding with one another?

Sorry to hear about your situation. 

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2021 7:28 PM

Shame it happened to u. Poor little buddy of yours :( 

Some of the logic of WGT is insane and do not exist anywhere in the world. No wonder they are so much progressive. 

- Carl

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2021 9:27 PM

el3n1:
    LOL - did you tell them, his hand was on the mouse and you were just "coaching' they seem to make exceptions for those cases - then again you have to be among the favored players for that to happen.

😉

• PAGES
RSS