Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Merion #10 Tree

Fri, Jul 30 2021 10:39 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • RobHon
    77 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2021 10:42 PM

Yes! I had never hit it before, not even once. But hit it twice in the last clash, once with 3W, once with driver. Both lost balls exactly as you say, 4 yards in front of the tee box.

I thought it was just one of those complete chance things, but then I read this.... Suspect the tree may have grown with the last update? ! Lol

Rob

• 27stitches
    161 Posts
    Thu, Jun 3 2021 12:18 PM

Let me inform you that there is also a creek down there. I found it once. LOL

• SeveFrost
    1,478 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2021 4:10 PM

Yes, I've hit it a couple of times but it's very rare and difficult to do

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2021 2:01 PM

This isn't really legit as I was deliberately aiming for the trees, but I just wanted to see how difficult it was. Had to have a fair few tries but I got them eventually.

Apologies for the audio but I haven't yet worked out how to separate my audio channels in OBS, and I wanted to cut out as much of the music as I could to avoid YouTube copyright issues without taking out the WGT audio as well...

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2021 5:17 PM

some trees seem to be club/ ball specific - as a different combination allows for a different trajectory.  but there are shots I won't attempt with lower end Srixon balls even with maxed out apparel, that I can pull off with a better ball and no apparel.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Jun 14 2021 7:32 AM

I've hit the tree to the left of the tee box a few times over the years. But it's probably been at least 2 years since i've done that. It's rare enough i don't think it's worthwhile to think that it will and avoid going at green.

• jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2021 8:53 PM

The old saying ... trees are 90% air.

I try fly through that tree almost every time.  Sometimes it does not work.  Suck it up and move on when it doesn't.

I can add other holes to that list ... BP2, Oly1 and 10 come to mind.

Tom.

• Cicero733
    2,292 Posts
    Fri, Jul 30 2021 10:39 AM

You can also hit a draw around both trees. Works well especially at BPB #2.

• PAGES
RSS