• PAGES
  • grb007
    2 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2022 11:05 PM

i FULLY AGREE

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2022 9:22 AM

I know this is an older post but pdb1 brought up a good question and it may help others who look at this post in the future to understand the issue.

- I cannot attest to pdb1's accounts of DQ's after 3 or 4 timeouts when 7 were chosen other than to say that when setting up multi player matches (all varieties) you can chose between 2,3,5, or 7 timeouts but because of WGT's wording/programming you only actually get 1,2,4 and 6 timeouts and any subsequent clock violations result in a DQ.(see further explanation below) It could be possible that the rounds were not actually setup with 7 timeouts as thought or that there was a glitch and it wasn't set correctly. I cannot say whether this is user error or WGT gremlins???

- As far as the OP's issue about being DQ'd when they believed they still had one timeout, this is the main issue at hand.

In my opinion the WGT programing with regards to the number of Timeouts is essentially flawed. Regardless of what type of game you play (multi player varieties or coin games) and regardless of how many timeouts you start with either the wording or number needs to be changed when you are being warned that you have used your last timeout. Currently when you use your last timeout, meaning that the next shot clock violation will result in a DQ you are actually told that "You have 1 timeout remaining" This is very confusing and should be changed to reflect that "You have 0 timeouts remaining"

Now I know that there are those that will talk about timeouts vs warnings or that you should think of it as you are on your last timeout ect. but that is absurd as this is an issue of basic English Grammar.
    If I told you that you had 2 apples, then you ate one and I said to you that you have 1 apple remaining, then when you later asked to eat the last apple I said "sorry that apple does not exist ... game over" would that not surprise you? When you were told that you  had 1 apple remaining did you believe you had 1 apple that you could still eat or 0?

So back to pdb1's request ...

pdb1:
    If there is a rule of thumb . It would be nice to have it known .

For now, or until WGT changes the wording or numbering of the timeouts ...

- Subtract 1 from what ever number of timeouts you choose in setting up a match to get the true number of times you can violate the shot clock without being DQ'd.
    (2,3,5,7 actually = 1,2,4,6)

- In game, when WGT states "You have X timeouts remaining" subtract 1 from that number as well. So when WGT says you have 1 timeout remaining realize that you actually have 0 remaining and will be DQ'd on your next shot clock violation.

• CSM111
    119 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2022 4:30 AM

About time outs if you have not used one , will it carry over into the extra hole if there is a tie at end of a match ie: coin match head to head 

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2022 12:26 PM

Yes, you can time out during the tie breaker if you have not timed out prior in the match. 

Better to think of the time-outs here like gamers do with multiple lives. We get two lives here and when the 45 second clock reaches zero we lose a life and we have one life left.  :)

• CSM111
    119 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2022 6:01 AM

Thanks 

• PAGES
RSS