Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Team Alt. Shot Challenge

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 16 2021 8:02 PM (6 replies)
  • Slimjim001
    1,023 Posts
    Mon, May 10 2021 8:08 PM

Regarding multi-player games, I would love to see two-person teams challenging other two-person teams to Alt. Shot games for nothing more than good fun and of course, bragging rights. For the sake of team spirit, they could create a team name and even wear the same or similar apparel. I’m not speaking of an organized tournament. This might be nothing more than one team posting a challenge on this WGT forums.

This might be an example of a challenge: The Simpatico Springs Slicers (player names here) challenge any competent two-person team to a game of Alt. Shot to be played within one week of this post. Course, conditions, time and date to be determined by the Captains of each team. Results will be posted here. We will accept the first reasonable challenge we receive. Other teams may post challenges here as well. If you want to accept our challenge, respond here.

Anyway, just a thought. It will probably never happen...or will it? Its open for discussion.

Jim

• amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2021 10:33 AM

Sounds like another great idea, Just one Question Jim

What is considered Competent :-) lol

Could not resist man

Chris

• Slimjim001
    1,023 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2021 1:55 PM

Ya, I tried to think of a better word but nothing came. "competent": possessed of or marked by a high level of efficiency and ability. :)  In other words, well enough matched so that it is a fair contest.  :)

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2021 3:21 PM

I am always looking for AS games, but it is more difficult than ever (largely due to all friends appearing 'green' when they are mostly busy or offline). Or you can get a match however at least 2 players are the dreaded 70plus average Legends who migrate from coin games. 

Any Legend 62 avg or less, or TL or above are welcome to send a friend invite, as I actively create AS games at least 3 or 4 times a week (usually between 5 pm and 11 pm, Pacific time -California) and can usually add current friend or 2-just need more folks who actively play AS. I have these guidelines because if your average is over 62, you can't putt mate!

Cheers...

• kdownunder
    1,462 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2021 11:57 PM

Too funny SKCCVB ... I'm a C with an average over 62 - & yes I can't putt! :)

• Slimjim001
    1,023 Posts
    Wed, May 12 2021 7:33 AM

Guess I'll just have to wait for Toppers next World Alt. Shot tournament. Patience is a virtue.. 

• jacktrade51
    10,831 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2021 8:02 PM

We need to figure out a way to be available and schedule games.  WGT has shown no interest in fixing the problems they created on AS.

I have detailed those in other forums, but the killer is everyone showing green.  Whatever happened to showing red when playing in a single play game (WGT, club tournament or individual).

Tom.

RSS