Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Contest for 5 Sleeves: Diamond Day At The Beach 18

Wed, Jun 2 2021 10:14 PM (43 replies)
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,495 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2021 2:03 PM

fmagnets:

The diamond award is for shots from the sand, not bunker shots, so I think it would count. Would be useful  if someone without the award could verify it though. Might not count towards Icon's challenge in any case, as he has labelled his challenge "25 bunker shots".

I just finished watching your video (and gave a thumb-up on it 😉). Very nicely done!

BTW do you happen to figure out when a shot from bunker (sand) counts and when it doesn't? Apparently there are times some of them don't get counted...

↓↓ EDIT : Cool! Thanks again, bro. ↓↓

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2021 3:49 PM

Don't know. I can't check anything as I already had the award, and the 44 from Bandon now prevents any other score from showing. I will try and get someone without the award to check if non-bunker sand counts tomorrow.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Wed, May 12 2021 9:19 AM

I have confirmation on a couple of points, backing up what Brett has said:

1. Playing a par 3 course will get you a high number for the Day at the Beach Award, but will not unlock the award itself.

2. Even though the award states it is for shots from the sand, it only counts bunker shots. So if you attempt this challenge at Kiawah, almost none of your sand shots will count.

So if you want to unlock the award you can do it pretty easily on a regular course using bunkers, but not sandy waste areas, in a red tee CC tournament. I'd suggest Wolf or maybe St A. If you want to shoot a high number for bunker shots, unlock the award first, then go big on Bandon or Bo3.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2021 10:14 PM

This is closed now :)

TY All for partcipating!

RSS