Help › Forums

Re: Contest for 5 Sleeves: Diamond Day At The Beach 18

Wed, Jun 2 2021 10:14 PM (43 replies)
  • WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, May 8 2021 10:10 PM

jacktrade51:

Icon,

Is it the first to accomplish the feat or the lowest score at end of May?  I assume any ranked round is OK.

Tom.

highest # of bunkers hit award....so,yes, not first, but highest

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sat, May 8 2021 11:29 PM

Hi Icon,

I have a question.

For the Day at the Beach 18 Award, I've already got 25, but it's only good for Silver instead of Diamond. Can you tell me why?

As a matter of fact, I never aimed for it so I don't even know how I achieved it (it must've happened at the early stage of my WGT career), but the number is there so I'm wondering what went wrong with it.

Many thanks to you and WGT staff.

Simon

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Sun, May 9 2021 4:21 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

For the Day at the Beach 18 Award, I've already got 25, but it's only good for Silver instead of Diamond. Can you tell me why?

If I remember right, that happened to me with my first attempt using a custom course. It showed the result of the custom course, but didn't count towards the award. Could that be what happened?

BP

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sun, May 9 2021 1:16 PM

BPeterson8256:

If I remember right, that happened to me with my first attempt using a custom course. It showed the result of the custom course, but didn't count towards the award. Could that be what happened?

Aha! Probably, Brett... There was a time I played a lot on custom courses when we had the custom course glitch. I think you're right. Thank you.

↓↓ EDIT : Thanks, Icon. ↓↓

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, May 9 2021 4:49 PM

BPeterson8256:

SimonTheBeetle:

BP

i don't know for a fact, but sounds very plausible :)

• Baruni42
    52 Posts
    Sun, May 9 2021 8:57 PM

Highest number of bunker shots without breaking 75 ? Sounds fun .

B

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Mon, May 10 2021 8:05 AM

WGTicon:

great start!  lets feel free to go higher... if someone can pull off 30shots +

This was today @ Wolf Creek. It was actually a fail. I was trying to break par with over 30 sand shots, but I shot 74.

short tees / low winds / 9 speed greens ⛳

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Mon, May 10 2021 9:36 AM

I just did 42. It was pretty easy. 45 is perhaps doable though...

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Mon, May 10 2021 9:55 AM

fmagnets:

I just did 42. It was pretty easy. 45 is perhaps doable though...

I was thinking 40+ was possible.

And Thankyou. Tips you gave me last year is how I finally figured out how to play this challenge.

Edit: I forgot to add, Awesome job!

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Mon, May 10 2021 11:01 AM

Got the 44 now. To do better needs a holeout somewhere. I am sure someone will manage it, but I can't be bothered!

RSS