Forums

Help › Forums

Re: For WORLD CUP....2022.

Thu, Jan 27 2022 8:32 AM (31 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Fri, May 7 2021 2:06 AM

PAULFINN52:

it sounds complicated but im sure you can simplify it,lets have a chat after the comp finishes where we will have time rather than now as me and dots are really busy ok.

I hear you pal. That's why i opened this thread right now in order to have all the time of the world till next year's event to come up with a nice plan.

Cheers!

• Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Fri, May 7 2021 2:20 AM

amateur4sure:

Have to say that I agree with both of You Guys on a lot of things.

Firstly we do not and never want to negate smaller/lesser teams from this competition, I started in this WC in one of those said CC`s/Teams.

Actually Chris, the whole idea of a new point system is based to favor the smaller teams by reducing the gap and give them a chance to struggle till the end of the tournament. Every hole counts, every stroke counts, every putt dropped counts.

Of course, i am totally agree with that every game should be played. What a better way to do that if you give an extra incentive to the teams?

Cheers!!!

• Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 9:39 AM

I think it's a good time to revive this thread...

• Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 10:03 AM

PAULFINN52:

it sounds complicated but im sure you can simplify it,lets have a chat after the comp finishes where we will have time rather than now as me and dots are really busy ok.

Hey Finny. I will try to simplify as much as i can.

My suggestion is to change the point system. Instead every win taking 3 points, we can take the scores instead in account. I have made an example in my first post.

All we need to have is just a screenshot of the scorecard.

So, imagine this...team A faces team B and wins 7 times while a game finishes in a draw. With the current point system would have A team = 22 points, B=1. Practically impossible for B team to recuperate or keep hoping.

Instead, if we take in account the scores and let's say we have:

1st match = +1

2nd match = +2

3d match = AS

4th match = +1

5th match = +1

6th match = +1

7th match = +1

8th match = +1

The final score would be:

A team = (1+2+1+1+1+1+1+1) 8

B team = 0

that means that B team is only 8 strokes behind the leader which can recuperate in next matches and not 7 wins behind (21 points).

As i said before, this point system will make WC more interesting cause every hole counts and every match counts in order to avoid losing interest and dropping games as was happening in previous editions where wouldn't make any difference if a game was played or not. (in case 2 teams had a big score gap)

• Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 10:09 AM

amateur4sure:

What I would say is Penalize any Team that does not play all their games for whatever reason, 2 Weeks is enough time to get a sit down with the Queen, Let alone organize an hour game!

Going back to what Jure said....... If a Team has/Had already beat their opponents or Qualified for the next round and say Bollox to playing any more games, Penalties should be introduced!

Chris, my idea is to give incentives more to the teams instead of penalizing them. I believe incentives can work better than penalties.

• bluey403
    1,525 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2022 12:17 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2022 12:52 AM

The only problem from what i read is that it will turn into whitewash especially not so sharky CC's especially during early stages of the game against a Top CC.

Again, suppose a Top Player wins 9 up which always happened and thus it gives 0 motivation and spirit to play next 7 or 8 games, because it will be a game over for them already with this point system. 

This idea would have been good if it was only between two Top CC's. The drama and the maximum winning ratio would have been a thriller element. 

• IRISHKING1916
    474 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2022 1:13 AM

Agreed Carlosus

It's Nonsense!  its over complicated and encourages humiliation of the opponent, which i don't think is the ethos of the World Cup, i could see many players not participating in this format. Leave well enough alone i say :)

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2022 1:31 AM

Also one more scenario:

8 games in a Round

6 games played and the score is 6 in total (3 wins each and your points equally distributed as per + &  -)

Now during the 7th game, one team wins 3 up which is +3

So during the 8th game, if the both teams are square on hole 15th, its game over for the other team.

So we will miss the extras dramas. One among the other few scenarios.

• bluey403
    1,525 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2022 2:05 AM

for the 2nd time

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

RSS