Forums

Help › Forums

Re: VUSO Torrey Pines Qualifier

Wed, Jun 30 2021 4:35 PM (85 replies)
  • SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Sun, Jun 20 2021 11:03 AM

i have played the "Tourry Pines Qualifier" many times......and have managed a -5 under Par......pretty disappointing really.

But, I would be fascinated to know how the #2 Player on the Leaderboard with a Score of 53 was abe to put up such a low score?  This player has only 2,200 total ranked rounds, a few hole In Ones, a few Double Eagles and 2,000 less Eagles than I have...and I have played just over 5,200 Ranked Rounds (am also a Tour Champion).

Welll GREAT for him.  Guess I just need to practice my putting on "Championship Speed Greens", huh!

I think we ALL need to keep in mind though.....a Score of -18 or -20 on a single 18 Hole round of golf is just not very realistic.  In the PGA, those PROs are Lucky to hit a -5 on 18 Holes.....and maybe after they play (4) rounds of 18 Hole Golf....the Winner may have a -16 Score....but, that's after (4) Rounds, not just (1).  

Well, WGT definitely is a lot of FUN....just wonder how many of you guys can even hit PAR on a REAL Golf Course.........*smile*.

• Tabarnak777
    168 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2021 10:52 AM

SoCalJim23:

Well, WGT definitely is a lot of FUN....just wonder how many of you guys can even hit PAR on a REAL Golf Course.........*smile*.

Personnally, in real life, i will be happy if i hit a par on any hole. Imagine my face when i'm doing a birdie!

• SamSpayed
    4,890 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2021 12:12 PM

SoCalJim23:
    I would be fascinated to know how the #2 Player on the Leaderboard with a Score of 53 was abe to put up such a low score?

Talent and maybe a little bit of luck, combined with multiple restarts.

SoCalJim23:
    Welll GREAT for him.  Guess I just need to practice my putting on "Championship Speed Greens", huh!

Yes.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,494 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2021 12:43 PM

SoCalJim23:
    Guess I just need to practice my putting on "Championship Speed Greens", huh!

And less time of collecting blondes' boob & butt pics, CapKracken. LOL

• SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2021 12:52 AM

Thanks for the advise, Sam.  But, YOUR Stats are nothing to write home about either......and 4,000 Ranked Rounds and you're still at the "Champion" Tier.  I happen to believe that STATS say a lot about HOW good a player is here on WGT.  That guy who is i#2 on the Leaderboard of the "Torrey Pines Qualifying" Tournament.....IMO, doesn't have the STATS to support his being there.

Takes a LOT MORE than LUCK to hit a nearly perfect game....or almost 18 BIRDIES on any of the WGT Courses.

My Putting may not be fantastic....but, it has been good enough to get me to the "Tour Champiion" Tier.

And, just maybe if you didn't spend so much time POSTING comments on the WGT Forum.......you'd have time to move up to a HIGHER tier.....ya' think?

• SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2021 1:07 AM

Simon........Just get over yourself already.

You see.........here in AMERICA, we believe in this thing called FREEDOM.  So, I believe I have the FREECOM to have ANY WGT Member as my friend that I choose.........you have NO SAY as to who my WGT Friends are.......got it?!

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,494 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2021 3:38 AM

@SoCalJim23

What's that freedom bs all about?!

You don't like my comment? Then stop casting an unnecessary doubt on an innocent player! That's nothing more than a lowbrow jealousy.

Judging by your scores, I can tell you have learnt NOTHING over the course of ... SEVEN freakin' years! What I meant was you'd better practice, improve your game and mind your own business instead of wasting your time raising doubts about other players or doing what you do best with those stupid pervertic blonde pics. (Frankly I don't give a f*** about who you friend with.) Can't believe I have to explain all this!

And you wonder how many of us can even hit PAR on a REAL golf course? I don't mean to brag, but I used to be a scratch player in real life until I had to stop playing due to shoulder rotator cuff problems years ago. I even once thought about turning into a pro when I was a teenager. What you score here in WGT, I could've easily scored (or lower) on any given day. And remember, that was the time when you were playing with inferior equipment and people called you sneaky long when you hit 270 yards in average with a driver.

So please... stop your slander thing and just play your game!

• mystry78
    880 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2021 4:24 AM

SoCalJim23:

But, I would be fascinated to know how the #2 Player on the Leaderboard with a Score of 53 was abe to put up such a low score?  This player has only 2,200 total ranked rounds, a few hole In Ones, a few Double Eagles and 2,000 less Eagles than I have...and I have played just over 5,200 Ranked Rounds (am also a Tour Champion).

Because he is better than you.

• SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2021 10:26 AM

Simon......what's with YOUR Stats?  You have played about the same number of Ranked rounds and I have 2,000 more EAGLES than you have.

And, compare MY Golf Equipment with your's.  Your equipment is MUCH better than mine.  I could have upgraded my equipment much higher, but, I chose not to.  So, I think I have done pretty well considering the level of equipment I've been playing with.

And, what's the deal with your HIGH LEVEL....I think I'm still @ Level 104.  

Funny, you guys with those unrealistic LOW Averages in the LOW 50's.....it's a Fantasy.  

You are centainly entitled to your opinion here on WGT.....but, like I have stated....STATS do matter.

• SamSpayed
    4,890 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2021 12:30 PM

SoCalJim23:
    Thanks for the advise, Sam.  But, YOUR Stats are nothing to write home about either......and 4,000 Ranked Rounds and you're still at the "Champion" Tier. 

Agreed, Jim.  My stats are OK, but not great.  It's taken me over 4 years to get to Champion tier.  But I did it honestly, without playing any red-tee tournaments.

SoCalJim23:
    I happen to believe that STATS say a lot about HOW good a player is here on WGT. 

In some cases, they do.  But they can also be manipulated.

Speaking of STATS, I see that you have played the VUSO 34 times so far, and your lowest score is only a 67.  For a Tour Champion, that's pretty pathetic.  I've only played it twice - once on the app and once on Steam.  My scores are readily available in my score history.  

If you'd like to play a challenge match for credits sometime, let me know.  I think it would be fun.

RSS