Help › Forums

Re: VUSO Torrey Pines Qualifier

Wed, Jun 30 2021 4:35 PM (85 replies)
  • MattK1917
    48 Posts
    Fri, May 28 2021 9:36 AM

AnaNikolaj:

Dharla:

Right now the 57's start at 116th place and go to 193rd place. So if this tournament were over right now, would everyone who shot 57 qualify?

Thanks, Dharla

Yes. 

Looks like the 57’s are out.  

• NrEighteen
    956 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2021 12:00 AM

It will be interesting to see what happens after reducing all players that aren't eligible for this tournament. 

The are only (almost) 9 countries allowed to participate. A quick glance at the two first pages give some 20 players that won't qualify regardless of their great scoring. 

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2021 5:20 PM

NrEighteen:

It will be interesting to see what happens after reducing all players that aren't eligible for this tournament. 

The are only (almost) 9 countries allowed to participate. A quick glance at the two first pages give some 20 players that won't qualify regardless of their great scoring. 

Anyone who qualifies will play the VUSO, but only participants from eligible countries will play in the top 10 live event. 

• NrEighteen
    956 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2021 9:24 AM

AnaNikolaj:

Anyone who qualifies will play the VUSO, but only participants from eligible countries will play in the top 10 live event. 

Aha, thank you for the clarification. 

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2021 9:57 PM

Was wondering about the cut..

yeah I'm just above , as I just shot a 57 and missed a few here and there but was lucky enough to Ace the 11th. 

I can't tell you how much I love this Course, its going to be a fun month trying to break the cut line. 

Good luck all. 

Mark 

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2021 9:17 AM

BPeterson8256:

Useless trivia:

24 days into the VUSO Qualifier with 37 days remaining.

4 players better than 54 still

22 players @ 54 or better

A 5th player has joined the "better than 54" gang. CONGRATULATIONS!

1 1irony  Southern England Links 107 51
    2 Horrorshow94  Southern England Links 101 53
    2 JSmithers  C0BRA KAI 116 53
    2 ROMARONE77  Victoriae CC 138 53
    2 shadyshot  English golf club 106 53

25 players are now @ 54 or better.

Cutline remains @ 56  and those scores are tied for 73rd place w/ 168 players under the cutline. 

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Sun, Jun 13 2021 8:42 AM

birchi:

BPeterson8256:
    At Erin Hills over 250 players made the cut, which meant that at least 94 players made the cut without collecting the 200 credit prize money. (Although 156 plus ties make the cut, only the first 156 on the leaderboard get the 2000 credit prize money)

Pretty sure that's not the case. 157th-plus that made the cut get paid out manually by WGT a few days after the tournament closes, it's just the automatic payout that doesn't work for ties beyond the 156th spot. (Plus, I don't think the 2k credits get added to your career earnings as they're paid out as a 'balance adjustment') Maybe they've changed it last year, I didn't pay attention, but it was like this in 2019 and before. 

17 days left!

Having dropped out of the top 156 (157th as arranged on leaderboard) I hope the above information is still true for all those who tie for the final spots.

There are still only 5 players below 54, confirming my original thoughts that 54 is a perfect score on this course unless you get a little assistance from winds or lady luck.

26 players have broke 55.

With 108 players tied at 56 in 81st place, I am sure 56 and better will make the final cut.

189 players are currently inside the cutline. 

• Tabarnak777
    168 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2021 4:00 PM

pdb1:

I just wonder . Because perfect is not possible . Here at WGT . VEM will not allow "THE PERFECT SCORE " . If there were a number . I think it would be closer to the low 30's . 1 or 2 shots per hole . Over 18 holes .

Just to clarify, back a decade ago during the Tiger Woods EA sports era there was no VEM. You could reproduce a shot if you really wanted to. But under very specific conditions. 

Some guys played exclusively to have a bunch of aces and played these games on the easiest courses with easiest conditions. Rounds of -21 and lower were common for these guys. But they were lacking abilities under wind games because they didn't practice enough. It was mostly for club bonuses and club rankings.

There was a ranking system. 1500 to start, losing and gaining points if you lose or win games. You could gain more if you had beat stronger players and vice versa. During a whole year the leaderboard was full of these ranked players filled with many other stats.

The VEM system is a tool to let best players to be beaten from time to time. If no VEM, ALWAYS the same players would have won games and tournaments. If no VEM, the popularity of the game drops down.

WGT needs the VEM system. Especially with real money involved.

But i really miss the ranking system.

RSS