Mon, May 24 2021 12:08 AM (26 replies)
  • kdownunder
    1,429 Posts
    Sat, May 8 2021 5:37 AM

Hear Hear PDB!

• pdb1
    21,923 Posts
    Sat, May 8 2021 1:18 PM

Does anyone remember ? The feature that with a mouse over , the ball on the green would show the distance to the hole ?

This feature is definitely not present . Yet I don't remember it being mentioned lately .

Was that feature only available in MP stroke play rounds ? Or more ?

• TopShelf2010
    10,237 Posts
    Sat, May 8 2021 1:33 PM

• pdb1
    21,923 Posts
    Sat, May 8 2021 1:44 PM

TopShelf2010:

pdb1:
    Does anyone remember ?

I remember the time during the flash days that you could mouse-over your ball at any given time and see the distance to the hole using the mini-map.

Is that what you are referring too?

Don

Absolutely .

• pdb1
    21,923 Posts
    Sat, May 8 2021 10:24 PM

I am also trying to find the current  WGT playing Discord servers .

So far I have these 2 .

WGT Golf Mobile Discord

https://discord.gg/wyMbvg3

&

Discord Open Golf.

https://discord.gg/Y8F6tS63Tu

It couldn't be simpler . Discord has an amazing array of choices and user friendly features . With accessibility to your own apps as well .

The above links are like invites to that server .

Once you are in . Go to the settings gear .

Set up your ear buds or headphones . And microphone . And other preferences .

Then click on the icon of your new server .

or

Usually top topic is " ANNOUNCEMENTS " or below that could be " INTRODUCTIONS " .

Introduce yourself . ( typing on your keyboard )  Wait a minute . Someone will respond . In the forum post .

Then you will start to hear others ( in your earbuds ) . Asking if there is anyone needing a player . Or what is your WGT username ? Or whatever .

You can start exchanging WGT usernames ( friending ) and set up a game right away .

If your game client is ready .

NEW PICS UPLOAD Skull_14

• JDGHOST
    4,965 Posts
    Sun, May 9 2021 5:06 AM

pdb1:
    Match . An obsolete format . Still played for fun and experience . No statistics . No scores . No reason for RED BUSY .

But many play for Credits (Challenge format) so YES Red busy needed in Match (and skins)

The fact that WGT won't address the MANY COUNTLESS  posts concerning a need for a RED BUSY option is just sooooo frustrating ..

Not to mention another  huge issue of having only  3 "Generic" responses available  you can give when receiving an invite...(as been complained about often and mentioned in this thread).... 

C'MON WGT help us out here? 

smh,steve martin,smdh,annoyed

• pdb1
    21,923 Posts
    Sun, May 9 2021 6:00 AM

JDGHOST:

pdb1:
    Match . An obsolete format . Still played for fun and experience . No statistics . No scores . No reason for RED BUSY .

But many play for Credits (Challenge format) so YES Red busy needed in Match (and skins)

The fact that WGT won't address the MANY COUNTLESS  posts concerning a need for a RED BUSY option is just sooooo frustrating ..

Not to mention another  huge issue of having only  3 "Generic" responses available  you can give when receiving an invite...(as been complained about often and mentioned in this thread).... 

C'MON WGT help us out here? 

I'm not sure if you see when I said no reason for RED BUSY  4 times . I was referring to and I meant to say Automatic RED BUSY .  I think the option for RED BUSY should be available on all formats .

pdb1:

Going to edit this :

There is a distinction between the 5 main MP formats .

MP Stroke Play : The round is counted , ranked rounds . All stats and scores are counted . Automatic RED BUSY to stop invites from interfering .

Unlimited play single player . Statistics and scores are counted in rounds that are completed only . As an invite can be quickly declined without any problem . And as easily accepted if the player wishes . Does not affect anyone else . No reason for Automatic RED BUSY .

Coin . Not a counted or ranked round . Has no meaning or purpose other than a forced pressure filled format . That one can gain good experience in . And meaningless coins . No reason for Automatic RED BUSY .

Alt Shot . Another no statistic no score meaningless format . Other than enjoyable team play . And more good experience . No reason for Automatic RED BUSY.

Match . An obsolete format . Still played for fun and experience . No statistics . No scores . No reason for Automatic RED BUSY .

Single Play Tournaments and Bracket Rounds are also a good argument to incorporate automatic RED BUSY . As they are single play and interruption would lead to a WD ( withdrawl ) .

Again . WGT leaves GREEN on for Unlimited play single player . Users choice to turn RED BUSY . But should probably leave it GREEN in this mode.

WGT turns Automatic RED BUSY for MP Stroke , Single Play Tournaments , Stroke Brackets . The only modes with no choice .

Users choice for RED BUSY in alt shot , match , skins .

This is the way it was set up in Flash . In the quoted section no reason for RED BUSY . I did mean no reason for automatic RED BUSY . Meaning users choice .

Which is the way it always was before .

If they could get us back to close to that . That would be GR8 .

• JDGHOST
    4,965 Posts
    Sun, May 9 2021 9:54 AM

pdb1:
    I'm not sure if you see when I said no reason for RED BUSY  4 times . I was referring to and I meant to say Automatic RED BUSY .  I think the option for RED BUSY should be available on all formats .

Ohhhhhh My mistake my friend ....In that case I concur on all accounts ­čĹŹ

• pdb1
    21,923 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2021 10:25 PM

I have been asking about invites in PCEA . All along . Especially CS . Not something they want to answer .

What I want to know is if I am on the game client somewhere . How would I not be available for random multiplayer invites ?

I want to be . I want to just show up or whatever happens when some one random invites .

I know people random invite . Probably all day long .

Is anyone else able or not able to join in random invites ?

When I invite . They show up . All tiers . Random players .

What must I enable to get in those too ?

I hope there's not an automatic RED BUSY . Stuck on somewhere . Lol . That would really suck .

RSS