Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Changing balls during a match

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 29 2021 3:16 PM (3 replies)
  • hartmutw
    3 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2021 12:36 PM

I ran into trouble when running out of the balls in use during a match / tournament:

In this case, WGT is downgrading you to the basic WGT balls, even though you may still have 5+ balls of another brand / type...

Is there a way to select another one of my existing balls?

• Robert1893
    6,772 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2021 7:45 PM

hartmutw:

Unfortunately, there is no way to do that. Over the years, there have been numerous threads on this. So, it's not going to change. The only thing to do is to double-check your ball count before starting a round.

If you're down to a single ball, you might want to consider purchasing a sleeve before the start of the round. At a minimum, if it were me, I would first start a practice round so I could see how many hits were left if I only had 1 ball of the ball I was going to play.

If I had plenty of hits left, I'd probably just play the round. If it appeared there were only a few hits left, I'd purchase a sleeve before beginning the round. 

• alosso
    20,275 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2021 9:51 AM

+1 Robert!

hartmutw:
    In this case, WGT is downgrading you to the basic WGT balls, even though you may still have 5+ balls of another brand / type...
    Those balls aren't in your bag but in your inventory.

The bag is closed during a round to prevent change of clubs, and you may consider the inventory to be in your garage...

• AnaNikolaj
    258 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2021 3:16 PM

hartmutw:

I ran into trouble when running out of the balls in use during a match / tournament:

As answered, no. But even when you lose the last ball, they still give you the option of purchasing a new sleeve of the ball you were playing with, so really no excuse for continuing with the starters, if you don't want to. 

RSS