Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Avg drop

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 24 2021 2:32 PM (4 replies)
  • MikeW1503
    24 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2021 2:56 AM

So I advance to Master on 66.90avg.  Having purchased some new clubs - immediately losing 30yds off the tee.

Played 3 games as a master - now my avg has suddenly dropped to 76. WTH?

So advancing loses my loads of distance and drops my avg down.

What the hell, then, is the point of playing stroke or competitions to improve?

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2021 12:35 PM

• MikeW1503
    24 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2021 12:38 PM

One other thing I find baffling - the moment I drop below 67 - I'm moved to Master - fine. Why then, do I regularly play against Tour Pro with avg below 64 - why are they not Masters??

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2021 2:03 PM

MikeW1503:

So I advance to Master on 66.90avg.  Having purchased some new clubs - immediately losing 30yds off the tee.

Played 3 games as a master - now my avg has suddenly dropped to 76. WTH?

So advancing loses my loads of distance and drops my avg down.

What the hell, then, is the point of playing stroke or competitions to improve?

I think the general idea is that the promoted player will need to buy more clubs to achieve the scores they were before their promotion.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2021 2:32 PM

TopShelf2010:
    After your promotion, your average resets according to the very first round you play at the next tier. If you score lower, your average will drop... if you score higher you average will rise. That is until you are saturated. Once saturated, your average will only go down.

Just to add on to what Don said, you'll need to play 40 ranked rounds as a Master before your average is saturated.  

On an unrelated note, you should consider using your free CC pass whenever you play your first round of the day.  Your CC (where you are the sole member) is still at Level 1 after a year.  You can easily make it to Level 4 within the next few weeks, and at that point you'll get the Shot Pal for free, which should help you lower your scores.

Good luck!

RSS