Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Longer ball comes up short

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 18 2021 6:51 PM (4 replies)
  • rjteeithi
    674 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2021 4:59 PM

I use a cheap 2.5 distance ball and am pretty dialed in with it. So I play this tourney that I have a chance to rake some pretty good credits if I post a nice 4th round score.

I have a bag with quite a few expensive balls that ARE SUPPOSED TO travel more distance. I put one in the bag and watch my score balloon as I come up 15-25 feet short on just about every approach.

I drop a spot in the standings..

Thanks WGT for your excellence...

Just buy the cheap balls, its all a money grab..

Vent Over, back to hacking

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2021 5:16 PM

Tu

rjteeithi:

I use a cheap 2.5 distance ball and am pretty dialed in with it. So I play this tourney that I have a chance to rake some pretty good credits if I post a nice 4th round score.

I have a bag with quite a few expensive balls that ARE SUPPOSED TO travel more distance. I put one in the bag and watch my score balloon as I come up 15-25 feet short on just about every approach.

I'm guessing these more expensive balls have a much higher spin rating? More spin means less distance, when playing with full bs. Something you should've been well aware by now... 

• Tabarnak777
    168 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2021 5:37 PM

Stuck with balls that you have a good feeling with. Changing balls can only worsen scores, at least in short term ways.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2021 6:25 PM

AnaNikolaj:
    I'm guessing these more expensive balls have a much higher spin rating? More spin means less distance, when playing with full bs. Something you should've been well aware by now..

+1

• rjteeithi
    674 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2021 6:51 PM

AnaNikolaj:

Tu

rjteeithi:

I'm guessing these more expensive balls have a much higher spin rating? More spin means less distance, when playing with full bs. Something you should've been well aware by now... 

I'm speaking of carry only. My irons stick the ball like a dart, there is hardly any rollout like I see many players use, or have. The Ball did not travel in the air as far as the cheap-o's

RSS