Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Just an Incident Report

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 17 2021 7:56 AM (3 replies)
  • Airspan
    1 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2021 4:52 PM

I was playing in 9 hole stroke play that on the 7th hole I was leading by 3 strokes and when the opponents ball hit the bunker and I am on the fairway my opponent forfeited and with a wink of an eye my laptop turned off. I was just wondering if this was intentionally done. Too bad for the WGT Family if it is. Thank you.

• jacktrade51
    10,831 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2021 9:54 PM

Hard to say without knowing the name of your opponent, and I know why you didn't name him.

I hope you reported it to WGT.

I have seen an increase in last 6 months of player trying to game the system with TO's.  Not just regular games but coin games too, where it is easier.

An issue WGT needs to look at.

Tom.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2021 1:12 AM

Airspan:
    my opponent forfeited and with a wink of an eye my laptop turned off.
    This may be two independent actions.

Players have quit the game all the time, but usually the other(s) may continue in stroke play after some waiting for the clock to run out.

Such immediate crash of your computer might be a new(?) error in the game as a response to the quitting.

You may inform WGT ("Contact" below), but it might be worth it only after the next crash.

Have fun!

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2021 7:56 AM

jacktrade51:
    I have seen an increase in last 6 months

Does not surprise me.. yet these type of things have been reported for at least the past 3 1/2 to 4 years.  

Problem is they have much greater impact on showdowns which is more frustrating for people because the score and bogey glitch does make a difference on the outcome... maybe the increase in seeing it is related to showdowns, otherwise most people care less about the coins lost in regular games.

RSS