Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Players Quitting!!

Wed, Aug 30 2023 4:24 PM (225 replies)
  • DuFussMcGoo
    2,865 Posts
    Tue, Jan 18 2022 7:08 PM

ct690911:
    Hefner was shagging bunnies well into his eighties.

I'm confused. 

So what if Hefner caught a bunny rabbit or two?

As for quitting, long long time ago (a year ago when WGT was here) you could "concede" a hole or a match.

I understand "forfeiting" if you're not playing for Apparel. If you're losing, cut your losses and move on to the next player.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2022 11:55 AM

Doesn’t make sense , forfeiting on the green , as you would still get a bronze apparel box , if you play it out and lose

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 8:45 AM

bossbird:

Doesn’t make sense , forfeiting on the green , as you would still get a bronze apparel box , if you play it out and lose

depends.

What if trying to squeeze in an extra game in the 30 minutes. A win pays more than 3 apparel points. could even get a gold or a platinum and really come out ahead.

or

Bronze boxes are useless to me and quite a few others. I have maxed out every piece of common gear with exception of a few junk pieces that i don't care about at all. 

I do apparel runs for rare and epic apparel points. Bronze boxes never give points to those.

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 9:11 AM

Mythanatos:
    What if trying to squeeze in an extra game in the 30 minutes. A win pays more than 3 apparel points

Agreed. Especially if trying to go for the weekly division winnings. I would rather get the coins in the next game then waste time for an apparel pack.

Mythanatos:
    Bronze boxes are useless to me and quite a few others

Is there a correlation between winning/losing and the box you get? I thought the boxes were random, mostly getting bronze and silver with an occasional gold.

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 9:31 AM

HamdenPro:
    Is there a correlation between winning/losing and the box you get? I thought the boxes were random, mostly getting bronze and silver with an occasional gold.

Never get anything but bronze when loss of match, I see gold and platinum when winning vs same tier or higher and silver for winning vs lower tier- Not saying this is how it works, just what I have seen happen.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 9:49 AM

The thing is , most people playing for apparel are not in the league of being maxed out in most of the sponsors , I just dont think the forfeiter realises you can still get almost all of the stake back if you are maxed out in certain things. Of course I can’t be certain as I don’t keep records of such things , but I would make a bet of …….. that the tour pros and masters who do forfeit,  do it , so they don’t see another loss against them in their ratios , and don’t even realise they are the only ones who can see that particular post. 

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 9:55 AM

bossbird:
    you can still get almost all of the stake back

Ive never met anyone who cares about the few coins though- I regularly see forfeits in the Montreal room at 100K coins. The coins are too easy to come by for this to be a concern for most players I have spoken to.

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 10:54 AM

pdb1:
    I am also surprised at the moderate number of players that aren't utilizing apparel at all . It is evident when they win and the default entry fee plus pay out is displayed .

It is only evidence that they were not using apparel that increased coin winnings. Is not evident that they were not wearing enhanced apparel. 

Often times a member may substitute apparel that increases coins winnings with those that increase XP.

IMO

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,865 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 11:49 AM

PureGro1:
    Never get anything but bronze when loss of match, I see gold and platinum when winning vs same tier or higher and silver for winning vs lower tier- Not saying this is how it works, just what I have seen happen.

Here's a good thing in a loss.

If you have level 10 Apparel in SE (Swing Edge), they guarantee there will be 1 SE item, even in a loss! So if you lose, and have all level 10 SE, since you cannot increase your apparel, you GET PAID 200 COINS PER POINT. Losses are either 1 or 2 points so for a 500 coin loss, you can get reimbursed 200 or 400 coins.

Yes, I lose alot BUT got my SE level 10 apparel to CMA!

RSS