Re: Players Quitting!!

Wed, Aug 30 2023 4:24 PM (225 replies)
  • Rdecastro
    14 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2011 12:00 PM

• Jedef
    63 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2022 10:08 AM

I play to win , like everybody else on WGT ,but if it becomes obvious that it is not going to happen , whether due to my opponents 'brilliance' or my own lack of the same . I find it pointless to continue  just for the sake of completing the round . If people need their egos massaging then that's their problem , I don't . I feel the that 'conceding' the game is sufficient acknowledgement of their prowess in that particular round and we can both move on to the next challenge without wasting time and shots .  In coin games I don't feel that any etiquette applies  and I'm not offended or peeved in the slightest if somebody I've never met and never will ,slags me off in a game or forfeits it .In fact I'm all for it . Also I find it ridiculous that wgt is spending time and our money modifying the chat when there is so much more that can be done in the game itself .

Discuss

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2022 10:20 AM

Jedef:

I play to win , like everybody else on WGT ,but if it becomes obvious that it is not going to happen , whether due to my opponents 'brilliance' or my own lack of the same . I find it pointless to continue  just for the sake of completing the round . If people need their egos massaging then that's their problem , I don't . I feel the that 'conceding' the game is sufficient acknowledgement of their prowess in that particular round and we can both move on to the next challenge without wasting time and shots .  In coin games I don't feel that any etiquette applies  and I'm not offended or peeved in the slightest if somebody I've never met and never will ,slags me off in a game or forfeits it .In fact I'm all for it . Also I find it ridiculous that wgt is spending time and our money modifying the chat when there is so much more that can be done in the game itself .

Discuss

Nah. I'm sure the guy that asked this question 11 years ago and before mobile and coin games existed has finally come to peace that this was answered with your in depth response.  I can't really help more than you did.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2022 7:28 AM

LOL! 

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2022 8:55 AM

I only play head to head occasionnally with wgt as my sponsor .

They send me packs with a reputation usually plus five .

Is that sort of thing any good to protect people from the quitters .

• Jedef
    63 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 6:33 AM

Mythanatos:

Jedef:

Discuss

Nah. I'm sure the guy that asked this question 11 years ago and before mobile and coin games existed has finally come to peace that this was answered with your in depth response.  I can't really help more than you did.

I didn't understand a word of that mate :( but further to the discussion is anyone aware of the possibility of forcing a forfeit when it appears the game is not loading . I've been caught out by this a few times when restarting the game and finding I've been disqualified and the coins deducted . funnily enough this only happens when I'm winning .

• Jedef
    63 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 6:49 AM

??, explain the joke please 

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 6:51 AM

Jedef:
    I didn't understand a word of that mate :(

Basically- its about bringing up an 11yo thread...

Here is the catch...If you had made a new thread someone would have told you to use the search box, If you use the search box someone will ask why your bringing up an old thread.

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 6:57 AM

PureGro1:
    .If you had made a new thread someone would have told you to use the search box, If you use the search box someone will ask why your bringing up an old thread.

That is a very interesting observation.

I suggest making a new thread to discuss old threads, then, when someone uses the search box they can find the new thread, instead of the old one.  The new thread could then direct one to the search box to search for the old thread which, btw, would be old and therefore may not be applicable anymore. If that is the case, all you would need to do is start a new thread.

I think that makes sense.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 7:34 AM

HamdenPro:
    I think
    Really?

Think to never have thought, because any thinking of thoughts is thoughtless thinking. Never think that you are thinking, for, when you think to think you only think that you were thinking but you never think at all! (Erich Kästner, probably)

RSS