Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Cheaters

Sun, Feb 4 2024 4:55 PM (6 replies)
  • SamEderington
    8 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2021 3:01 PM

Does it do any good to report cheaters ? I played and amatuer in a Beverly Hills money game and the guy shoots 4 under on the first 5 holes in a 30 mph wind . I reported him but am I wasteing my time ?

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2021 9:47 PM

SamEderington:
    am I wasteing my time ?
    Nobody knows for sure, because there is no feedback available.

You might want to check later if the name appears in the "player search". If not, they have been banned. Alas, I'd deem THAT a waste of time...

The very least you may do is "block and forget" - keeps those players away from you, to a certain extent.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2021 12:13 AM

My take on this is , if you don’t report them , they will never be banned . I have reported some over my time , clear and obvious cheats , the only ones I have known them to ban are multi account holders particularly if accompanied with screen shots of said players admitting it ! 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2021 2:03 AM

SamEderington:

Does it do any good to report cheaters ? I played and amatuer in a Beverly Hills money game and the guy shoots 4 under on the first 5 holes in a 30 mph wind . I reported him but am I wasteing my time ?

You didn't report a cheater, you reported someone that beat you and you assumed they were cheating.  You may well have been right but I don't think wgt will ban someone on your say so.

So as a TM you got a coin game with an amateur and expected an easier time, did you wonder why they were willing to play for 4,500 coins?  Apart from the fact anyone could have four good holes from time to time there are other possibilities. Perhaps they had to restart for some reason (I wonder what the rule is on restarts and coin rooms).

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2021 8:09 AM

• phipster
    4,389 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2021 3:02 PM

Simple answer to your question is ----- no

I only ever play the 180 coin games as there are so many pirates out there especially at the Tour Pro level. You just know when you see your opponent is level 90+ with better clubs than you playing off the forward tees that you are going to get your butt kicked...

• lucky10057
    7 Posts
    Sun, Feb 4 2024 4:55 PM

Happens a lot. It really galls me to play a Tour Pro with clubs that have not been made available to me. Is this a cheat? I just love having these taunt me. I get nasty.

RSS