Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Daily videos - iOS update

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 5 2021 2:37 PM (4 replies)
  • Veraps
    240 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2021 5:22 AM

I know this issue has been discussed multiple times but I don’t see anything recent. Has anyone come up with a solution to get the 150 daily videos easier?  Since the iOS update and apple removing the ‘reset advertising identifier’ it is extremely frustrating. I have toggled back and forth in the privacy settings (personalized ads) but it doesn’t seem to have much impact.  I use both my iPhone and iPad and can get 1-2 ads and then I have to restart the app 2-5 times before I get another 1-2 videos. It literally takes hours to get to 150 now and hardly worth my time. 

I’m hoping someone has a more effective solution.  If so please share.  

thanks  

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2021 9:12 AM

Veraps:

I know this issue has been discussed multiple times but I don’t see anything recent. Has anyone come up with a solution to get the 150 daily videos easier?  Since the iOS update and apple removing the ‘reset advertising identifier’ it is extremely frustrating. I have toggled back and forth in the privacy settings (personalized ads) but it doesn’t seem to have much impact.  I use both my iPhone and iPad and can get 1-2 ads and then I have to restart the app 2-5 times before I get another 1-2 videos. It literally takes hours to get to 150 now and hardly worth my time. 

I’m hoping someone has a more effective solution.  If so please share.  

thanks  

I really have minimal issues. i can usually get all 150 in without having to reset toggles. 

it might be a Canada thing for you. and how other countries regulate things.

or maybe not a good version of iOS? Im running 14.4.2

edit: the more effective toggle is Privacy>Tracking> allow apps to track

it usually works better with this ON. but sometimes moving to off will work better. sometimes one or the other will just get a couple then moving it back will work normally for quite a while. 

• Cicero733
    2,292 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2021 9:45 AM

Mythanatos:
    it might be a Canada thing for you. and how other countries regulate things.

I use iPad and the issue stopped for awhile, but returned with the latest update to 14.4.2.

FWIW there is something to the idea of “a Canada thing”. A member of our club, who resides in Europe, uses a VPN for connection to WGT. He ran an experiment using his VPN to route through servers in various other countries. In some he was able to run the videos without issue; in others he was much less successful. One of the conclusions we drew was that the videos were most likely targeted by the advertiser (Peanut Labs?) based upon content and that could limit availability in certain locations, i.e. certain advertised products not being available in your area therefore those ads are not available for viewing.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2021 9:46 AM

• Veraps
    240 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2021 2:37 PM

Yeah I’m running 14.4.2 as well.  I’ll try the tracking toggle.  I hadn’t tried that before.  I currently have it on but will try it off.

Maybe it is Canada issue.  Whatever it is, it’s annoying AF. Lol  

RSS