Re: RE-scoring average

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 6 2021 3:01 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2021 8:22 AM

alosso:
    On a second view, next to the 29, there is a 58 counting as much, but these are three below 60 among 20+ above...

There are as many scores in the 70's as there are in the 50's, I'd bet a sleeve on the average of the shown scores (about 200 of them? Dating back to October) being above 62 :-)  He must be saturated.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2021 10:56 AM

DodgyPutter:
    There are as many scores in the 70's as there are in the 50's,
    Actually, more...

Of 177 scores visible in the history, 14 are below 60 (*), 27 are exactly 60, 107 are 61-69 and 29 are 70+.

(*) 3x 56, 10*58, 1x59.

DodgyPutter:
    I'd bet a sleeve on the average of the shown scores (about 200 of them? Dating back to October) being above 62 :-)
    I don't bet against you ;)

You're correct: 64.67

DodgyPutter:
    He must be saturated.
    Bold but more probable than not.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2021 1:51 PM

alosso:

You're correct: 64.67

DodgyPutter:
    He must be saturated.
    Bold but more probable than not.

Lol alosso I think generally we agree, and I'm happy to say emphatically he is saturated.

If he wasn't his average must have been a good bit under 59 before the last 177 rounds.  Apart from that needing a major loss of form I don't think he'd be on here talking about how it isn't going down.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2021 9:08 PM

stevie1026:
    Thank you to all of you for your responses....I should have stated that I am indeed saturated,(for the second time), being a probably not even "average" player, my -7 and -8`s (for 9)  don't come often which is why I was curious. Thank you....stevie

Thanks for the clarification which proves DP's position. I had an idea because you focused on those two scores (three in fact) as if the others were meaningless (which they are, saturated). OTOH, I didn't want to close the case on my assumptions.

Also, I'm on your page due to my own below average game. I'm stuck at 65 as a Legend, and my game has deterioated so much that I don't break Par often. It's certainly a lack of practice, it may be a necessity to step up the tools, but I'm not motivated to change any of that.

Have fun!

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2021 3:01 AM

stevie1026:
    Thank you to all of you for your responses....I should have stated that I am indeed saturated,(for the second time), being a probably not even "average" player, my -7 and -8`s (for 9)  don't come often which is why I was curious.  Thank you....stevie

Sorry I missed this slotting in, another guess would be you're still moderated :-)

Remember it's scores you need to look at not - par, a -5 on a par 34  is a 29 the same as a -7 on a par 36.

You just need to drop these 180 strokes and everything from a 59 down will chip away at it, gl and have fun :-)

• PAGES
RSS