Help › Forums

Re: WGT App Loading Issues

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 5 2021 8:28 AM (3 replies)
  • MichaelF007
    2 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2021 12:01 PM

Hey WGT Community,

Thanks for taking a few minutes to read my comments and offer some help, appreciate it!

I've been playing WGT on my MacBook computer (using the WGT app from the App Store) and have run into issues in attempting to play the game this past week. Every time I attempt to launch the game the text editor dialogue box pops up with a bunch of gibberish. Upon restarting my computer, and re-installing the app the same thing keeps happening.

I did take note that WGT has updated the system requirements for MacOs users to now include OS 11.0 and higher AND an Apple M1 Chip. I run version 11.2.3 so I'm good to go there but don't have an M1 chip. Not gonna lie, I was totally frustrated and perplexed as to why WGT would make this change? Won't they lose Mac users like myself who now need an M1 Chip? Are they limiting new users to play the game with these new beefed up requirements? I'm not so sure this is a good move on their part. Is this my issue with the app not opening any longer? Is it something totally different? Am I still able to play on my Mac computer? Thoughts?

Happy Easter!

- Mike

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sun, Apr 4 2021 10:06 AM

Hi Mike.  You might get an answer here from a knowledgeable Mac user, but if you don't, check out this thread.  Might need to start at the last page and work backwards if this is a recent issue.

Good luck!

• MichaelF007
    2 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2021 6:07 AM

Thanks for the response SamSpayed. Appreciate the help. This morning I again tried re-installing it and it worked. So strange, but happy to be back!

• FAB444
    93 Posts
    Fri, Nov 5 2021 8:28 AM

Hi Mike

Same issue here there is no way to play if you don't have a MA chip so the new MAC 3,000 euros here is France. Support basically said that I needed to upgrade my Mac after 4 or 5 emails trying to get them to read and understand that I was saying . It seems that all non MA chip have been just thrown away by WGT.  

RSS