Help › Forums

Re: What just happened

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 7 2021 12:07 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • sexysuzie
    4,106 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2021 12:32 PM

then again  you could be like a lot of players and just not finish bad rounds   only keeping the good ones  thus never inflating their average

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2021 4:19 PM

pdb1:
    How fair is that window of that 1 round that could add 6 months to your 6 months of tiering up of just 1 tier .1 round of 83 could make you have to go from 83 to a 63 to the next tier .That is what happens all the time . To a majority of players .

A bad round (like an 83 in your example) won't add any more time for you to reach the next tier than the time it took you to play it.  

The reason is this:  Each tier uses only the best X ranked rounds in calculating your average.  Once you become saturated (i.e. you've played X ranked rounds at your current tier), the next time you shoot a round below 83, that 83 will fall off and will no longer be included in your average.

This is why you see players' averages start dropping quickly once they reach saturation.  Even their not-so-great scores are knocking their horrible rounds (the 83's and such) out of the calculation.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2021 10:19 PM

Paul, you omitted something:

pdb1:
    MarchieB:
    your previous AVG is the equivalent of ONE scored round.
      Your previous average is the average of all of the rounds you have been playing .
    ... in this particular tier!

So, after the first round in a new tier, it's the "average" of one score.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2021 10:31 PM

pdb1:
    How fair is that window of that 1 round that could add 6 months to your 6 months of tiering up of just 1 tier .1 round of 83 could make you have to go from 83 to a 63 to the next tier .
    Not at all!

You don't have to "wait until the average goes down" but you wait until you have collected enough good rounds to calculate the necessary average.

As Sam said, after saturation, all it needs to eliminate a bad round is one good round. Any "bad round" goes to the garbage, but it helped you practice your game.

pdb1:
    To base a whole tier on the score of 1 round . Is not a fair and equal assessment of your average play . It is a total crap shoot .
    True but just temporary, and ev1 should know it. Plus, you soon add more rounds to obtain the objective representation.

pdb1:
    Weighted totally against your favor .
    Excuse me, that's a hilarious misinterpretation. And why should it be against you? If you start with a 59, it will look good in most tiers!

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2021 6:43 AM

pdb1:

Wow . Okay . Just suppose you play a few rounds at 66 . Say you get lucky .

Then comes the 72 round . Your average only does up .02 or something . 66.02 .

How fair is that window of that 1 round that could add 6 months to your 6 months of tiering up of just 1 tier .1 round of 83 could make you have to go from 83 to a 63 to the next tier .That is what happens all the time . To a majority of players .

I don't agree . I am sorry you guys don't get it . It has never been fair .

To base a whole tier on the score of 1 round . Is not a fair and equal assessment of your average play . It is a total crap shoot . Weighted totally against your favor .

You got one fact right but then you have no understanding at all on the concept of saturation. You really couldn't be any more wrong. 

Go back and re-read what i Said. 

Resetting the average is an advantage not a penalty. You're not grasping basic concepts about how the math and the system works.

• PAGES
RSS