Re: Problems after the latest program update

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 24 2021 7:51 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JDHaring
    88 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2021 3:35 AM

Hi,

When I opened the program (windows desktop) this morning, it updated and after the update, some of the keyboard controls didn't work anymore, especially shifting cameras with the space bar.

Also, the Top tracer now sits right in the middle of the screen, won't stay where I put it. It used to sit nicely on the side, but now it does not.

And, when putting and reversing the view, the distance marker sits right over the hole making it nearly impossible to aim the putt.

Please fix these issues asap.

Thanks

J. D.

• Shankette
    1,562 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2021 4:43 AM

Yes, it appears that the Keybindings are messed up.  Most don't seem to work at all ('F' to remove the flag - no bueno), space bar to change the view works only sometimes.  The only one that seems to work consistently is the Esc key.  Does anyone use a Sandbox anymore, or are we just that sure of ourselves?

Who needs a Sandbox when you have thousands of players who take the time and trouble to report software glitches within hours of deployment.

Other than the VUSO Back 9 Challenge, I see nothing by way of improvements.

Thanks WGT!

• EasyJim
    56 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2021 6:23 AM

Glad to see I'm not the only one that is having these problems.  My keybindings seem to work sporadically.  Hopefully it will get resolved soon

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2021 7:04 AM

Shankette:

Yes, it appears that the Keybindings are messed up.  Most don't seem to work at all ('F' to remove the flag - no bueno), space bar to change the view works only sometimes.  The only one that seems to work consistently is the Esc key.  Does anyone use a Sandbox anymore, or are we just that sure of ourselves?

Who needs a Sandbox when you have thousands of players who take the time and trouble to report software glitches within hours of deployment.

Other than the VUSO Back 9 Challenge, I see nothing by way of improvements.

Thanks WGT!

The F key works  the first time you remove the flag then no more.

The space bar issue seems to be getting worse. I played a couple of tourneys earlier and all i had to do to get it working again was tap the camera icon. But I just played a couple of random 3's and the space bar never worked, 

For me the only one that worked every time as intended was the V key. 

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2021 7:17 AM

Anyone tried a reset?

• Mercury1969
    204 Posts
    Fri, Apr 2 2021 11:50 AM

I did, didn't work! Messed up al the way, texted WGT, still no answer.

• Shankette
    1,562 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2021 3:25 PM

Resetting the Keybindings does not fix the problems.  Great news tho!!!  I got a response back from my email to Customer Support!  They replied with a canned solution, recommending that I disable Pepper-Flash...  Can you imagine.

Here's a news flash...  WGT IS NOT LISTENING!!

• ichott
    56 Posts
    Sun, Apr 4 2021 12:23 AM

I concur, flag removal and reverse camera view is inconsistent and messed up, I’ve reset and tried various resets to no effect.

It’s still irritating that I have to, mid game, hit menu (top left) once to allow me to adjust spin on the ball (bottom left). This was messed up by an update about 6 months ago.

How can a key binding be inconsistent 🤨

• Mercury1969
    204 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2021 3:59 PM

Support (WGT)

Apr 6, 2021, 5:57 PM CDT

Hi Patrick,
    Thank you for your message. We are receiving similar reports for an issue with keybinds and are currently investigating this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience and are hoping to have this resolved as quickly as possible.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

WGT Member Services

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2021 5:09 PM
  • PAGES
RSS