Forums

Help › Forums

Re: West is the Best Needs 14 More Club Members

Mon, May 3 2021 8:19 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Knuckwood
    442 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2021 4:51 PM

Level 8 Club in 2 months, 10 Members and 7 are Legends or better. We want to get at the Bracket Club Tournaments. So we need to find 14 new members to make sure we have enough.

We are going to be fussy.

• if you are retired, that's the pace of most of us
    • play every day
    • ask for help when you need help
    • suggest improvements if you have ideas
    • play Turf Wars if you can
    • play Clashes with us, we like to Clash
    Pros and Tour Pros are welcome, but you will need to play every day and you need to know how to communicate.

https://www.wgt.com/clubs/west_is_the_best/default.aspx

Walk right in, the door is wide open.
  • Knuckwood
    442 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2021 9:03 AM

So far so good, picked up a couple of active players. Still a long way to go.

Since we are in Clash week, we are set up to Practice for Clash in our Club Tournaments.

We keep up with Prizes, everybody can use a few to buy more clubs, balls, and Passes.

• Knuckwood
    442 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2021 9:54 PM

Well that went well! And so did the Clash! We got our Donuts for Tee Markers, now that is kind of special.

The other special part was attracting 5 top quality members, including a 4-pack CC of Clash monsters that packed up and came over! Not only do we have a good start with 17 members available to play a Bracket, but have instantly doubled our threat on the Clash Leaderboard.

Would be nice to break Top 50, I will have to break the news that Top 40 is a better target.. So here is the new catch: if you love your Clash AND you like the good vibes of an active small Club and sharing your skills with the up-and-coming Clash-addicts-in-the-making, you might want to take a look at what we got.

And, of all things, we also have a Turf War Training Coach to help us limp our way to being a Turf War threat, too. But she knows it is going to take us a bit of time to make a dent in Bellagio. That's okay, it is WGT, so everybody has to be patient to get everything right. Sooner or later they will fix the Clash clock, too. LOL

• Knuckwood
    442 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2021 8:17 AM

This got serious real quick, whether I want it or not. Nothing like being rated as a Good Owner, with respect for active players and good golfers.

So, we are up to 16, just busted 31M in our first Turf War together, and lots of scuttlebutt about where this is going. I can't help it, I am taking it there, because they want me to Don't know how far I want to go, but may as well go for broke.

Looking for serious Clash monsters. We have the time zones covered, something fierce. We train the kids to be better golfers, so lots of Practice Club Tournaments, to fit the bill. The rest of us go after everything interesting, difficult, competitive, and always fun.

Friend me and we can talk about things. Or sit back and watch us do our thing. No matter what, this should be fun.

Knuckwood

West is the Best

• Knuckwood
    442 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2021 8:05 PM

Getting close, just a few more to reach the magic number that works for us.

So, we got 19 so far, with 4 Tour Champions and Tour Legend, and 7 Legends, Pretty solid group, and the rest are tapping into the best training resources we can offer.

We need at least 3 more, 5 would be best, to make sure we got enough for some decent Club Brackets. We have the full array of tournaments on quick rotations to cover the interests, including XP boosters, Average droppers, Clash practice, and lots of ranked rounds.

As for Clash ambitions, the Club just finished at a Top 50 position, so we got our Tee Markers AND the 2 Course Builders & 4 Club Passes. We cannot get more rewards until we are Top 3, and that isn't going to happen. And a Top 50 finish after only 3 months, to go with a Level 8 (just about 9), is solid quality gamesmanship. Good friends, good communication, good time zone coverage, and the rest is magic.

Looking for a few good golfers, looking to play just enough games to keep the Club in the zone, whether it be Turf Wars so we can win some extra Super Passes, or Clashes. No need for pressure, and it does not work with us. Just play every day, leave a message in Player Chat to let us know you are alive and well, and we should be cool.

Shout-out to any Master or Tour Master looking for a NO-STRESS or NO PAY TO PLAY Club, and you play every day and you could use some help to get better, feel free to join.

Knuckwood

West is the Best

• RobHon
    77 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2021 7:49 PM

+1

Great club here. Good fun, very active members, great free to enter tournaments but nothing too serious. Everyone is made welcome.

And for those who love the team games, we've got some absolute monsters of clash. Come take a look!

• WayneNCalif
    194 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2021 11:46 AM

Would love to join... 

• Knuckwood
    442 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2021 4:42 PM

Invite sent, and looking forward to you joining our Club!

Kevin

Knuckwood

• WayneNCalif
    194 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2021 5:22 PM
    Thanks for the add... how does everyone communicate?
  • Knuckwood
    442 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2021 9:51 AM

The core group uses Telegram. Add me as Contact @Knuckwood and I will set you up in our private chat room. The rest use the Player Chat function on the Country Club page.

Thanks for coming over, hope we raise you into a Legend in short time!

• PAGES
RSS