Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Experience points

Sun, Mar 28 2021 6:31 PM (5 replies)
  • DANBO333
    1 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2021 4:43 PM

I'm at level 80 and I've played 150 days in a row but my experience points lead to absolutely nothing!!! They become LESS AND LESS and it takes me like 10 days just to level up.... This is ***!!!!

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2021 4:29 AM

It's not the XPs gained but the XPs demanded between the steps - the steps grow, and @L80, the giant steps commence:
    The step to L81 is twice as big as the step to L76!

You are now at 12,700 XPs per step, and you'll break 50,000 when waiting for L90.
    Plus, this is only the beginning!

See the whole grind in all of it's beauty:

Reference Table Level 1 to infinity (201) vs. XPs

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2021 6:19 AM

DANBO333:

I'm at level 80 and I've played 150 days in a row but my experience points lead to absolutely nothing!!! They become LESS AND LESS and it takes me like 10 days just to level up.... This is ***!!!!

alosso has already explained the system. But my question is this: why does this upset you so?

At your level and tier there are plenty of very good club options available. In fact, at Level 80, you have some the best wedges (the Vokeys at Level 76,78, and 80) available to you. Additionally, the Level 70 putter is (most likely) the second best putter in the Pro Shop. 

In any case, you really should consider dropping the hybrid and carry 3 wedges (56, 60, and 64).  

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2021 11:16 AM

DANBO333:

I'm at level 80 and I've played 150 days in a row but my experience points lead to absolutely nothing!!! They become LESS AND LESS and it takes me like 10 days just to level up.... This is ***!!!!

We have a member of our CC who is level 82.  Using the table in the link that alosso provided, he's calculated out how long it's going to take him to reach certain levels (eg. level 85 when some really good irons become available and level 86 when a great 3W becomes available) so he can plan his future purchases.

Of course, there's always the option of just crying and complaining about how long it's going to take 😪

• DufferJohn7
    3,563 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2021 5:06 PM

Now that I'm L102 it doesn't matter anymore but I was never in a hurry to level up. It seemed to me rushing to level up in order to buy new clubs was like paying admission to the Pro shop. 

Take your time,  develop your skill and knowledge of the game with the equipment you have and when you finally obtain the higher level clubs you'll have the skill set to use them.  It's that last part I missed.  Lol 

Have fun and hit em straight, 

John 

RSS