Forums

Help › Forums

New here

Fri, Dec 31 2021 5:07 PM (2 replies)
  • sakustoms
    4 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2021 6:34 PM

Just wanted to say hey. New to this game and still trying to figure it out.

Having issues with it freezing but trying to get it going again.

• RickinWaSt
    2,062 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2021 4:48 PM

Not sure if you are still around as I noticed you have not played any rounds. Just in case you are still interested in WGT, here's my 2¢.

There's a great deal to learn about navigating and understanding WGT. On top of that, learning your game and progressing. I know all to well as I'm just about to closeout my 1st year with WGT.

My first suggestion would be to find and join a country club, but not just any club. It is rather challenging to get a real feel for what each county club has to offer just by perusing what is posted. Each club will give you the free benefit of the Shot and Putt Pal tool. That is where it ends. 

You can join a club and get a pretty good idea within a week if it is the right fit for you. If not, you quit that club, and continue your search. The four things I looked for...

<1> An active forum where you immediately felt welcomed and get questions answered. Also, learning by reading what other members are posting. 

<2> A "Quick Links" area serving as an orientation to WGT, what the club is all about, how to post, equipment, tutorials/tips, and insight into tournaments.

<3> Active members willing to play practice rounds with you and share their experience so you can improve your game. 

<4> Large variety of tournaments.

"The People's Club" (TPC) currently has 14/15 that include: Monthly Handicap, Leagues play, Match tournaments, and more.

Best of luck and welcome to WGT. Will answer any questions you may have. 

• ShalomAloha
    840 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2021 5:07 PM

You do all of those things Rick. So grateful!

RSS