Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Forfeiting At the End of a Round

Wed, Apr 7 2021 3:35 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BillyJacklin
    2 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2021 12:16 AM

It is extremely poor sports(game)manship to forfeit. WGT has done an excellent job of replicating the beautiful game of golf of which prides itself in etiquette. I wonder if some of these 'quitters' have actually played the 'real' game (my guess is not). In fact, I wonder why WGT have even provided an option. If you commit to a game, you should do the honorable gesture of completing or face a consequence. IE loss of credits, double coins in coins (games), but even better reputation. One could then choose to reject a game against a player with a poor reputation as in past versions of WGT, in fact I wonder why WGT removed this. 

You could see a players reputation (not there stats etc) before excepting ta challenge.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2021 7:19 AM

BillyJacklin:

It is extremely poor sports(game)manship to forfeit. WGT has done an excellent job of replicating the beautiful game of golf of which prides itself in etiquette. I wonder if some of these 'quitters' have actually played the 'real' game (my guess is not). In fact, I wonder why WGT have even provided an option. If you commit to a game, you should do the honorable gesture of completing or face a consequence. IE loss of credits, double coins in coins (games), but even better reputation. One could then choose to reject a game against a player with a poor reputation as in past versions of WGT, in fact I wonder why WGT removed this. 

You could see a players reputation (not there stats etc) before excepting ta challenge.

You don't know much about golf do you? You speak of replicating and yet have no grasp of reality.

golf allows conceding a game and also a hole when the win is impossible. 

• PAGES
RSS