Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Another Try ... Alt Shot - This time with a PLEASE PLEASE!

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 31 2021 9:14 PM (2 replies)
  • kdownunder
    1,462 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2021 3:11 AM

Hello WGT

This is I think my 4th post about it.   And I would really like to know what you are doing about it.   I know that I am not alone in my thoughts/experiences regarding this issue.

I am a long time player on here.    I mainly play Alt Shot games.   I am not interested in playing 45 second coin games against people playing on their tablets or mobile phones ... Good luck to them & I hope they are having fun but it's not my cup of tea.

But PLEASE PLEASE can you fix the availability status in order to set up games.   At the moment as you know ... 

- everyone is green

- the logging yourself out of the game, making yourself invisible, is maybe complicated for some people as it takes 2 steps, i.e. (a) to log out in Settings & then (b) to Exit the game.

- to accept an invitation from a coin game to a, what I will call "real game", is not automatic.  You have to forfeit the coin game before accepting the invitation, or otherwise you are just left in limbo land.

- because of the above, to try & set up an Alt shot game takes a long time and most times results in a time out of the game after numerous people are tried

- you cannot decline an invitation if in the lobby because it cancels the lobby that you have set up, or cancels you out of the lobby you are in

- even if you get to actually decline an invite, the 3 options are inadequate, you need to be able to communicate to the invitee that maybe you will be 3 mins, or whatever...

But fundamentally, despite these glitches, the issue is about being able to understand the availability of players on ones friends list.

There are many people who have stopped playing, or play considerably less because they can no longer just log on, see who is about & easily set up a game.    Yes, people have resorted to voice channels (e.g. skype & discord but there are more) but many people can't utilise voice channels for whatever reason.

So Please Please will you give this some priority?????   Maybe cancel the priority on Showdown games & similar & get your technicians working on this.   If you don't have them, they allocate some budget resources to buy in the necessary smarts.    

Cheers Kay

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2021 3:59 AM

Actually I have been having some success finding alt games although it takes a couple of tries. One of the problems is that people just don't want to wait for wgt to line up the 4 players needed. Most will wait 1 min or less than quit the wait. I will give it a couple tries to find a game and then I will give up and log off the site. IMHO it's wgt's loss with hits on the ball which means less ball usage and less ball sales. I would think because of this reason they would fix the issues with alt shot matches not being played. Maybe some day the problem will be fixed but I'm not holding my breath. Cheers

• DangerMuppetOz
    31 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2021 9:14 PM

Yeah I love to play Alt Shot & have a few buddies who play most days. We often have to try 2 or 3 times if we need 2 or even 1 person to complete the group at times.

Im trying to accrue more alt shot players in my friends list & find players that way....please add me if you like alt shot...

RSS