Help › Forums

Re: How long to purchased balls last???

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 28 2022 4:24 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Tarzan0811
    3 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2021 9:17 AM

I purchased a 3 pack of balls. At first I was not understanding why I needed 3 balls when my one standard ball was enough. Soon I realized you can lose a ball or two which I never knew was possible. So I lost 2 in the ravine on pebble beach. I now had 1 left. Next while playing St Andrew’s, I was warned I had 1 shot left!  

Where is any of this information stated?  I paid 970 coins around $10 and it didn’t even last a day!  This sucks!  

Can anyone share where I can see this information?  Obviously I wouldn’t have been

so careless if I had known I could lose balls.

Also where does it say you have limited hits with paid balls?  

The worse part is, I paid $50 to upgrade a clubs. With the paid balls they worked great. Meter speed was slow and accuracy was high along with spin. With the standard ball, meter speed is fast, and spin is not existent!!!

Can someone share please? 

What paid balls do you recommend?  $10 for 2-3 days of play is quite costly.

Thank you,

Louis.  

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2021 9:26 AM

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2021 9:46 AM

Tarzan0811:

What paid balls do you recommend?  $10 for 2-3 days of play is quite costly.

You can't go wrong with these

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2021 11:02 AM

Tarzan0811:
    Where is any of this information stated?  I paid 970 coins around $10 and it didn’t even last a day!  This sucks!  

Can anyone share where I can see this information?  Obviously I wouldn’t have been

so careless if I had known I could lose balls.

Also where does it say you have limited hits with paid balls?  

The worse part is, I paid $50 to upgrade a clubs. With the paid balls they worked great. Meter speed was slow and accuracy was high along with spin. With the standard ball, meter speed is fast, and spin is not existent!!!

Can someone share please?

Some info should be in the FAQs ("Pro Shop") =>
    but we learn by trial & error.

Former players' counts of older products showed 90 to 125 hits per ball, and there is a small "hits" bar in the right bottom of the game.

It's a pity that you had to learn with too expensive balls :( while it's advisable to start with the cheap balls and work your way up.

It's true that Starter balls play best with Starter clubs - club speed of custom clubs is fast with these!

This game is FTP - PTW  so better characteristics come with a price tag, and both clubs and balls should match!

As a starter, I'd propose B-ES, Tour SD(!), Srixon and - as a comfy step - the L33 Callies.

And, get yourself a short (64°) wedge and drop the $%%§$ Starter!

• Tarzan0811
    3 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2021 2:39 PM

Thank you. 
    purchased 2 packs of these so far.
    still, if you play alot, you can go through one ball a day.

if tried playing with the free balls. It’s just not the same.
    appreciate your advice. 

• YankeeDPB
    14 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2021 9:33 PM

As you have suggested, if you play a lot, purchasing balls can become very expensive.

It's also worthwhile earning credits by watching the free Credit Reward Videos.   You are limited to 150 credits per day (watching the equivalent of 75 short ads) but over a week you will earn 1050 credits to spend.   This will get you at least 12 of the Callaway Chrome soft X Triple Track (L33) balls each week, all without having to spend a cent.   All it takes is a little bit of time each day.   Will help keep the cost down a little.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2021 11:48 PM

dhjam1:

You can't go wrong with these

Oh, yeah! Probably the best value for money thing in the pro shop!

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2021 12:13 AM

(L33 Callaways)

Tarzan0811:
    purchased 2 packs of these so far.
    still, if you play alot, you can go through one ball a day.
    Good thing is, you have your expenses in your hands.

Quite a few people play for free with the Starters, as long as their reactions are fast enough. Oppositely, it's rather expensive if you prefer slow clubs and slow balls!

The costs are roughly 1/10 of the sleeve price per 9 hole strokeplay round, so I chose between 6.4 cr (Tour SD) and 25 cr (Callies). The former were my friends when I played rather excessively.

Those striving for top performance have to rely on top (price) equipment, clubs and balls!

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2021 11:26 AM

TopShelf2010:
    Unless I am mistaken, a ball with a Durability Rating of 2.5 will give you approximately 113 hits. Putts are not included in ball hits as putting does not count as a ball hit during ranked rounds.

That sounds about right.  I usually figure I can get about one 9-hole round per 0.5 of durability.  So about 4x 9-hole rounds for a single 2.0 durability ball (12x rounds per sleeve) and 5x 9-hole rounds for a single 2.5 durability ball (15x rounds per sleeve).

To the OP:  Another ball to consider is the WGT GI3-S ball.  It has the same meter speed as the L33 Callaway.  It's not as good a ball spec-wise, but they're only 99 credits per sleeve.  And I think the WGT balls give you a few more ball hits than the other brands.  (Might be wrong about that.)  In any case, I've sent you a sleeve to try.  Happy hitting!

• PAGES
RSS