Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Meter stutter 2.0

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 19 2021 5:09 AM (6 replies)
  • Robbo81303
    410 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2021 7:45 PM

I've been back for a few days after a long absence from WGT.  Day 1 was fun, but since day 2 I've had the same ol meter issues that plagued many (if not most) of us during the flash days: stuttering, skipping, haphazard response.  I'm running an 8 year old laptop on Windows 10 that meets all WGT's stated minimum requirements.  While running WGT does take a significant amount of my cpu's processing capability, there is nothing in the overall WGT presentation (frame skips & stutters, etc) to suggest my system is overloading.  There's just the meter.  It seems worse with some types of equipment (ie Balls) than others, seems to skip worse on some courses than others.  No issues with any other WGT functions, only the meter is a problem.

(with much trepidation,)  Any thoughts?

Edit:  I just found the WGT response to this issue in the Troubleshooting section, which, of course, is fine as far as it goes, but doesn't address my apparent causes  (i love the line where they say there's no fix or cure-all that they can "release" - legaleze for "screw you too!")

My problems began when I switched balls to the WGT GI-SD ball.  I have many thanks to the generosity of a friend, but I couldn't use them then because when using them the meter was truly gawdawful. Interesting that they seem to be the catalyst for this round of meter miseries.  Prior to switching balls, i'd have maybe 1 jumpy meter every 10 swings or so.  Now I get a smooth meter maybe 1 in 20 swings using any ball, though the GI-SD is the worst of the bunch I've tried.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2021 8:34 PM

Not sure if it will help but try switching “shadows” to OFF (if it’s on) in the settings. I believe in the past this helped out a bit but not sure about now???

• nolan60
    176 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2021 8:56 PM

Not sure if this will help but try a non full screen and go to a window mode with smaller resolution ... i don't use windows to play even on a new gaming laptop the meter gets jumpy more than enough to make me frustrated

nolan

• Robbo81303
    410 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2021 7:21 PM

Hi Nolan, 's been awhile.  Both suggestions make sense, thank you both very much for replying.  The meter was much better today.  i still think that darn ball was an issue but we'll see.

• nolan60
    176 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2021 8:37 PM

Hi Rob nice to see you back ... I hope all is well if you need anything don't hesitate to ask ... we'll have to get together on the course sometime

nolan

• ichott
    56 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2021 1:50 AM

Hi Rob, just a thought, and you could be right about the ball ‘but’, you need to use your account on a different i.e modern pic/laptop too and try the problem ball. 

Your laptop may well be within spec but it is still 10 years old!

give it a go 

• AndyJames123
    77 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2021 5:09 AM

Robbo81303:

I

My problems began when I switched balls to the WGT GI-SD ball.  I have many thanks to the generosity of a friend, but I couldn't use them then because when using them the meter was truly awful. Interesting that they seem to be the catalyst for this round of meter miseries.  Prior to switching balls, i'd have maybe 1 jumpy meter every 10 swings or so.  Now I get a smooth meter maybe 1 in 20 swings using any ball, though the GI-SD is the worst of the bunch I've tried.

i think its down to the ball used, i use level 81 titleist and on some shots theres a little stutter around halfway on the meter but when i use free callaways i got from promotions the meter is always super smooth

RSS