Forums

Help › Forums

Re: No Clash This Week! (March 2021)

Thu, Mar 25 2021 6:48 PM (38 replies)
  • Robbob1970
    113 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2021 5:35 PM

EasyEdward:
    Here are some of my numbers and I agree - WGT is not calculating or at least advertising this right.

What - WGT is stiffing us. No, not like WGT at . They are always honest in the way they offer nothing for something.

EasyEdward:
    Makes no sense to me to penalize those that are spending the credits like we Premier Members are.

But no, folks like yourself always want more.

just my 2 cents worth

Bob

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2021 6:15 PM

EasyEdward:

dhjam1:
    I am  getting The 3 times bonus plus my premier bonus

Not in my opinion.

200 for your round + 196 for your hits = 396

Now lets triple that for the promotion 396 * 3 =  1,188

Then double that for your Premier 1188 * 2 = 2,376

But regardless of what the screens say it is being calculated you got 1,683 not 2,376 like I would expect.

But be happy because you got a few more then normally would -lol

1.4 times more....

If you read what he actually wrote, he is correct. He's getting the 3 times bonus plus his Premier bonus. As was mentioned before, the triple bonus applies to the round, hits and CDP only. The CC bonus and the Premier bonus (which is actually applied to the CC bonus as well) are based on normal round, hits and CDP points and then added to the total, but not tripled. Seems perfectly fair to me... 

• Nancy1959
    7,060 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2021 12:24 AM

EasyEdward:

dhjam1:

Not in my opinion.

But regardless of what the screens say it is being calculated you got 1,683 not 2,376 like I would expect.

1.4 times more....

That is correct.  He got a 200% promotional bonus plus his 100% premier member bonus, which equals a 3X bonus...which is what WGT advertised that everyone would get....except in reality, he should have gotten a 300% promotional bonus that they advertised plus his 100% xp bonus for being a Premier Member.

As premier members, we got shorted here.  Everyone in my CC who is a premier member got a 2X xp promotional bonus and everyone who was not a premier member got a 3X xp promotional bonus.

This is off the base xp amount.  So Edward, I also got a bit less than 2X my normal xp but not as much less than you did....but I was playing with an ultra xp boost (40%)...which wasn't really 40%, but 40% more than my base xp amount for each round.

~Nancy

P.S.  With all due respect, Ana, you are wrong with your calculations.  When it comes to xp, I know what I'm talking about.   :)

• Dharla
    316 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2021 2:01 AM

Looking at this I'd have to say both Ana and Nancy are correct.

200 for the round + 196 for his score = 396

He didn't show his CC bonus but being in a level 19 club it would be 7%

396 x .07 = 27.72 drop the decimal for 27

396 for his base XP

792 = 396 x 2 for the promotion (it shows this on his screenshot)

423 = 396 + 27  for being a Premier Member (shown on his screenshot)

27 for his CC bonus (not shown)

396 + 792 + 423 + 27 = 1638 which is exactly what he got.

which in reality is 4 x XP + 2 x CC bonus

Premier members are not getting the 5x they expect because the base XP is only added once.

Hope that helps, Dharla

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2021 2:22 AM

Nancy1959:

EasyEdward:

dhjam1:

Not in my opinion.

1.4 times more....

That is correct.  He got a 200% promotional bonus plus his 100% premier member bonus, which equals a 3X bonus...which is what WGT advertised that everyone would get....except in reality, he should have gotten a 300% promotional bonus that they advertised plus his 100% xp bonus for being a Premier Member.

As premier members, we got shorted here.  Everyone in my CC who is a premier member got a 2X xp promotional bonus and everyone who was not a premier member got a 3X xp promotional bonus.

This is off the base xp amount.  So Edward, I also got a bit less than 2X my normal xp but not as much less than you did....but I was playing with an ultra xp boost (40%)...which wasn't really 40%, but 40% more than my base xp amount for each round.

~Nancy

P.S.  With all due respect, Ana, you are wrong with your calculations.  When it comes to xp, I know what I'm talking about.   :)

Will all due respect to your XP skills, Nancy, you're the one getting it wrong. Everyone, who's not a Premier member got a 200% bonus on top of XPs they would get without having any bonuses or membrrships. Which made them receive 3 times the points they normally would. Which meant 200% more, or tripled normal points, exactly as advertised. NOBODY got a 300% bonus on their base points, cause that'd mean 4 times the normal points, not 3. Again, exactly as advertised. 

The people using XP boosts and/or Premier received the same as the rest and then got added the amount of points they'd get by using these boosts outside of the triple XP promotion. Meaning, you had 3 different promotions (3 x XP, Premier, Ultra boost) which were all applied separately to your base round (round, hits and CDP) and then added together, as they always are. I'm guessing you think they should've been multiplied, which is an opinion you're entitled to, but in my opinion adding them is 100% fair. Y'all got what you paid for and everyone got what WGT gave for free. 

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2021 3:21 PM

AnaNikolaj:
    The people using XP boosts and/or Premier received the same as the rest and then got added the amount of points they'd get by using these boosts outside of the triple XP promotion. Meaning, you had 3 different promotions (3 x XP, Premier, Ultra boost) which were all applied separately to your base round (round, hits and CDP) and then added together, as they always are. I'm guessing you think they should've been multiplied, which is an opinion you're entitled to, but in my opinion adding them is 100% fair. Y'all got what you paid for and everyone got what WGT gave for free. 

Makes perfect sense.

It also makes sense that the two level 200 players in WGT who are arguably the most obsessed with XP would be the most bitter complainers about the way WGT did the calculations. 

• Nancy1959
    7,060 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2021 12:31 AM

SamSpayed:
    It also makes sense that the two level 200 players in WGT who are arguably the most obsessed with XP would be the most bitter complainers about the way WGT did the calculations. 

I clearly said in my original post here that I wasn't complaining.  After all, WGT gave us this xp bonus for free and I was happy with anything free for a change here.

I was simply saying that the original post on this thread was misleading as I got less than 2X my normal xp than normal when I was expecting it to be 3X as mentioned.  However, I do understand what others pointed out about the xp bonus being based upon the normal base xp per round, just as the premier membership bonus and xp boost are calculated.  But everyone who knows me knows that I am not normal, hahahaha!    :)

~Nancy

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2021 5:39 PM

SamSpayed:

Scott:

I am not arguing for me getting more XPs.  I doubt that Nancy is either.

What I believe is this and it is quite simple.

I get about 80K XPs a day with my Premier Membership. Nancy gets about 150K with hers.Both are based on our amount of play and time and money we wish to invest

When WGT advertises a 2X or 3X weekend why should only people not in CCs / not using boosts / not with memberships that cost 90 to 180 bucks for us get less then what is advertised?  

Quite simply WGT could change their calculation and apply the 2 or 3 times after the others.

OR

Advertise it as a 2 or 3 times your XPs if you are not in a CC, using boosts or spent the $$ for a special membership.

The point simply is if you spend money or join a CC you get less then the average Joe as a percentage.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2021 6:48 PM

AnaNikolaj:
    If you read what he actually wrote, he is correct. He's getting the 3 times bonus plus his Premier bonus. As was mentioned before, the triple bonus applies to the round, hits and CDP only. The CC bonus and the Premier bonus (which is actually applied to the CC bonus as well) are based on normal round, hits and CDP points and then added to the total, but not tripled. Seems perfectly fair to me... 

This is exactly correct. 

The promo was "Triple XP." The promo was neither triple the number of XPs one earned nor 300% of the XPs.Thats a distinction with a difference. 

I have a premier membership and received what was promised. I received the triple XP and then the 100% bonus for premier membership.

There was no equity issue, and there was no problem with the math. WGT promised what they delivered and they had the math correct. 

RSS