Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Survey "You don't meet our demographic"

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 13 2021 9:31 AM (7 replies)
  • ChrisDeGarmo
    23 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2021 7:25 AM

A few times I have chosen to participate in a survey that says it will take 10-12 minutes. Ok, so then it starts asking questions far and beyond normal initial 'demographic' stuff. It's asking questions that are actually 'survey related'. For example, I filled out like 5 pages of Television shows on whether I watch or have never heard of. After 8-10 mins of all these up front pages of questions, it says "You do not meet our demographic criteria" and I'm kicked back to a starter page. No credits, no nothing.

Is this actually fair? I have done some initial 'demographic' stuff that has taken like 2 minutes and I've never been dq'd - but this one went on and on and on then dq'd me. I don't get those 10 mins back. There was no start page that said I'd be spending 10 minutes qualifying. Pretty fraudy if you ask...

WGT should be vetting these surveys to make sure their player's time isn't being wasted by insincere survey tactics.

Not sure if this is proper forum. Sorry if it isn't.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2021 10:19 AM

All I can say , is that , what you describe does happen , but when you get a survey that does pay out , the credits are worth having . You have to take the rough with the smooth, of course there should be a small credit award once you have been answering some questions , and there always used to be , but this is just the way it is .

• billsmini10
    160 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2021 6:09 AM

Just filled out one today that was supposed to be 20 minutes, disqualified for first one,  disqualified for second one, then filled out complete 3rd one. these all automatically loaded one after the other. The 3rd one took 25 minutes to fill out 10-12 pages of questions. I got to the end and it said, click here for your credits....>>> Got to page that says, "Opps, Something went wrong. We are contacting our engineers at this time"

bill

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2021 10:34 AM

billsmini10:

Just filled out one today that was supposed to be 20 minutes, disqualified for first one,  disqualified for second one, then filled out complete 3rd one. these all automatically loaded one after the other. The 3rd one took 25 minutes to fill out 10-12 pages of questions. I got to the end and it said, click here for your credits....>>> Got to page that says, "Opps, Something went wrong. We are contacting our engineers at this time"

bill

When that happens find the Support page for that site and file a request for support, Sometimes they will give you the credits you earned, 

• billsmini10
    160 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2021 10:42 AM

Thank you borntobesting,

I'll try the URL in the address bar next time. The page that results from the above redirection has no clickable links.

Thanks again,

billsmini10

• BStanley6
    1,179 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2021 2:59 PM

If you need to raise a ticket make sure you get screenshots & URL's for evidence. I've been doing surveys for approx. 4 Months now & used them to upgrade all my clubs & keep me going in cheap balls (64 credit ones) but had that same oops issue for about a week & lost about 4 hours of my life & must have been 1-2000 Credits but got nowhere with the 50 odd tickets I raised as I didn't know there was such a thing until a few weeks after it happened so basically got no where without evidence.

Good luck with your claim but definitely keep going as it is worth the effort & you get the occasionally really good ones. The last few days I had a 70 odd credits for 2 mins & a 130 odd for 4 mins, I started spending an hour or so a day to get enough credits (I was getting a min of 2-300 in that time) for club upgrades but now down to 20 mins or less to cover balls & have a bit of a bank where it doesn't matter if I dont do any but like to keep the habit up.

• Frank03618
    159 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2021 1:11 AM

All Qualifying Questions are Surveys to tell if you fit a group that will give the answer they want.  If not your sent back usually to a penny survey. your enticed with a 300 cr one that no mater what your response is you are sent to a 50Cr 30 min (it's 10 min ha ha).  The only thing Peanut doesn't know about me is what color my s..t is.  Then There's the  fact that the Women I know who do them and they have survey's that payout  to a max of 80cr when I get 4 -5 that payout  100 -1400cr the big ones are for the very well off  members not for those that can't afford to use cash to buy 144,000 cr putters.      

• ChrisDeGarmo
    23 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2021 9:31 AM

All valid points Frank. It's at best a ruse. We're not allowed to see 'behind the curtain' to know what is really going on. Treated like sheep. The credit offer plummeting as you spend more time - because you've already invested that time.

NOT surprising really. What - IS - surprising is that WGT lets Peanut Farms, Gallery, or whatever, so this to WGT's customers. Truly mind-boggling, and if you try to speak to WGT about it, they act like this is all normal and back the Peanut Farm 100%.

It's pretty laughable, but yeah...

No matter what survey may not be best suited for me or my opinion(s), there are surveys that ARE - but I won't be sharing my opinions. Will not ever click on a survey ever again if it's associated with Peanut Butter. lol....

RSS